great weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great weather

Looks like the extended forecast for Lost Tribes is sunny, highs in the low seventies, lows in the high fifties, with a slight chance of rain on Friday.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Re: great weather

Great news! Let's pray it holds.:D
    [FONT="Times New Roman"][/FONT]
    Charlene Staples
    Delavan, WI

Citizens of The Old NorthWest
    Boonesfield Village
    Lost Tribes
    Bummers

Comment

Woohooo!!! I get to experience fall!! :)
      Annette Bethke
      Austin TX
      Civil War Texas Civilian Living History
      [URL="http://www.txcwcivilian.org"]www.txcwcivilian.org[/URL]

Comment

This is going to be a great time! I look forward to our march into town.
        (And there may be some insolence from some who live there, and some
        hellfire in the surrounding hills . . .
        Your most obedient servant and comrade,
        James C. Schumann
        Mess #3
        Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

I will be in a town. I will not be forced to stand all night in a driving rain, praying that the fire stays going. (I hope) There will be no hypothermia victims. I don't care about the weather. Let it do what it does. I'm looking forward to a great event with some top-notch living historians!

...although, the fall colors will be nice!
          Last edited by LibertyHallVols; 09-28-2009, 06:59 AM.
          John Wickett
          Former Carpetbagger
          Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Wick,

But that night in the Louisiana woods was one of the best experiences of my life. It was amazing how twenty guys could come together in order to survive.
            Nathan Hellwig
            AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
            "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy Nation Boys View Post
              Wick,

But that night in the Louisiana woods was one of the best experiences of my life. It was amazing how twenty guys could come together in order to survive.
              I agree, Holler! One of the lessons I learned in Louisiana is:
              Never let the weather affect whether or not you will attend an event, much less affect your attitude about whether you will/won't have a good time. At the end of the day, your own attitude, and that of those around you will make it or break it. I appreciate being welcomed into the Co. B camp that night.

This will be my first event since Bentonville, and I'm very excited to be there! For me, it will be a new scenario at a new site, but with a lot of the "same (great!!) old folks".
              (I'll stop now... lest I venture too close to what Chawls would have called a "DSP"! :tounge_sm )

Even if we were to get a blizzard, Lost Tribes will feel "cushy" compared to that cold, wet night in "Nakdish". :wink_smil
              John Wickett
              Former Carpetbagger

Comment

Wick,
                Do you want me to bring some Vicksburg heat with me? There is still time, so I can have that and chiggers sent up.
                Patrick Landrum
                Independent Rifles

Comment

Oh, man! Vicksburg '07 was another "Great Time in a Bad Environment" event! Hot as blazes and chiggers e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e from chest to feet! I even broke an Ubben pipe, but still had fun.

So, if its all the same to you, you can leave the chiggers down in Vicksburg.
                  John Wickett
                  Former Carpetbagger

Comment

I didn't get a single chigger at Vicksburg. Must have been something about you that they liked.
                    Michael Comer
                    one of the moderator guys

Comment

I am sorry if I am getting off subject for the weather of Lost Tribes, but I would have to second Wick on " making the best out of an event, even though the weather is bad."

I have been reenacting for about five years and have been mostly with a mainstream unit that I am still apart of. I just had my first EBUFU event in March with you boys in The Piney Woods.

I have to say that I used to hate the weather at all the events and I would just not like the event in its entirty, but when I went to the piney woods event, I had so much fun but I was wet and cold to the bone.

Now I am going to Bummers this November and can't wait for what will happen. No matter rain, sleet, snow, mud, or hot damned, dirty, dust. I know I will have the time of my life.

just my two cents...

Have fun at Lost Tribes!:D
                      Matthew "Bullfrog" Rennier
                      4th O.V.I Co. B
                      "Union Guards":baring_te

Comment

Snow, rain, sleet, heat, Hog's bad breath. Your friends make the event. As long as they are suffering right along with you it is the best time of your life. Lost Tribes is not that big of a deal because if the weather turns bad we can kick Comer out of his home. Or get thrown into the guard house.

ITPW ranks up there. I will never forget those fellers that came to our camp. Cold shivering and out of it. The whole company came together. Blankets thrown, gums etc to get those fellows warm again.(The scramble for our gear was amazing the next morning) While the rest of us stood in the rain and cold we made sure those boys were well. Company B did well that night. The whole week the boys did good. We had some issues but I would gladly fall in with those boys again. I don't care if anyone thinks this is a DSP post. I am to close to the end to care what people think of me.
                        Nathan Hellwig
                        AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                        "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Working...
                        X