Event Details and Specifics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Details and Specifics

The event is quickly approaching. This folder is for logistical info and details in regard to locations, times, and etc.

So the first item is the map and address of the site.

o6704 Circle Rd.
    oCorryton, TN 37721

Another good detail is to watch your spelling of thread titles!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Greg Barnett; 03-18-2009, 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling problems as usual
    Greg S Barnett
    Burlington Lodge #763 F&AM

New Knoxville Mess
    ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Re: Event Detals and Specifics

Driving Directions for Race to Knoxville

If you are using Mapquest or GPS put in address:

6704 Circle Rd.
    Corryton, TN 37721

Registration and parking will be past this address about 1/10 mile. There is a white house trailer where the driveway to registration and parking is. There will be signs.

From The East:

Take I-40 west bound. Take the Rutledge Pike (11W) Exit(392B). Turn right on Rutledge Pike. Go 11.8 miles on Rutledge Pike to Circle Rd. Turn left on Circle Rd. Go approximately 1.6 miles to driveway at white house trailer. Parking and registration will be in front of the barn.

From the West:

Take I-40 east bound to I-640 East. There are plenty of signs for the detour to get you to I-640. Stay on I-640E. When you pass Exit 8 (Mall Rd. Exit) get in the right lane. Merge onto I-40 W. The overhead sign will say “local traffic only”. Take the Rutledge Pike (11W) Exit(392B). Turn right on Rutledge Pike. Go 11.8 miles on Rutledge Pike to Circle Rd. Turn left on Circle Rd. Go approximately 1.6 miles to driveway at white house trailer. Parking and registration will be in front of the barn.

From the South:

Take 75 North to I-40 East. Take I-40 east bound to I-640 East. There are plenty of signs for the detour to get you to I-640. Stay on I-640E. When you pass Exit 8 (Mall Rd. Exit) get in the right lane. Merge onto I-40 W. The overhead sign will say “local traffic only”. Take the Rutledge Pike (11W) Exit(392B). Turn right on Rutledge Pike. Go 11.8 miles on Rutledge Pike to Circle Rd. Turn left on Circle Rd. Go approximately 1.6 miles to driveway at white house trailer. Parking and registration will be in front of the barn.

From the North:

Take 75 South to I-640 East. When you pass Exit 8 (Mall Rd. Exit) get in the right lane. Merge onto I-40 W. The overhead sign will say “local traffic only”. Take the Rutledge Pike (11W) Exit(392B). Turn right on Rutledge Pike. Go 11.8 miles on Rutledge Pike to Circle Rd. Turn left on Circle Rd. Go approximately 1.6 miles to driveway at white house trailer. Parking and registration will be in front of the barn.

If anyone needs directions from another direction let me know and I’ll help you plan out your route. See everyone soon.
    Sean Cooper
    [URL="http://www.mossycreekmess.com"]http://www.mossycreekmess.com[/URL]
    SCAR

Comment

Rules of Engagement

Gentlemen,

These are them, for now.

Rules of Engagement

No parole for captured enemy and captives are open to looting. Captives will be treated with kindness only.

Wounded and dead
      (The dead and wounded will remain where they fall until an actual and obvious safe time presents to retrieve them. If this does not present itself, then they may/ will become prisoners.)

We will be drawing rammers, and ramming paper. Please be aware of this.

There will be no hand-to-hand combat by participants, unless the organizers script it. You will be notified, by us, individually to fill specific roles, do not take these upon yourselves.
      Greg S Barnett

New Knoxville Mess
      ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

Gentlemen,
        First off, thank you for your participation in the event. May we all have a great time and enjoy the experience. I hope that Sean and I have provided an experience equal to the quality of men participating.

I have also included a copy of the contribution form and flyer to the preservation donation recipient, The Legacy Parks Foundation. These folks are working to save the forts south of the river (Ft Higley, Ft Stanley and Fort Dickerson). The property where the battle of Armstrong hill occurred will also be included in this purchase and preservation.

A few other details to remember:

Registration will open after noon on Friday at the Barn. There may or may not be someone there before that time. We will all gather and remain at the barn until we moveout. This time is scheduled for 11 PM. Rations will be issued at the barn before moving out. At this point, it is on. We ask that everyone stay in first person. If you need to chat with your mate about something non-period, step away from others and keep it quiet. Let us be mindful of other folks experience.

After we get away from the barn, modern intrusions will be few. One that will be present are fences. The fences may not be changed in any way. This may or may not create movement difficulty, please be considerate of the property owner. Another modern intrusion will be a FM radio tower. This tower was the world's tallest structure in 1963 (1,752 feet). We could not pull it down for the weekend. The side that is most successful during the weekend will be allowed to run their colors up!!!.

At the end of the event on Sunday, there will be a presentation/ discussion by Wm "Dewey" Beard. Dewey is most knowledgeable in regard to the Knoxville Campaign and East Tennessee. Wendall Decker will be present during the weekend and there should be time on Sunday for an image.

Justin Morris will be present during the weekend as well. Kiev Thomason, I am sure, will have items for sale before and after the event.

I have also arranged a few items for give away. We will have a drawing for the items before we move out on Friday. Nothing major, but something you can use.

Today is the day for monies. Please pay by pay pal if you can. If you are having an issue you should contact Sean or me directly. If you do not, we will assume you are not coming. If something comes up just let us know. Communication is very good.

Thank you once again,
        Attached Files
        Greg S Barnett

New Knoxville Mess
        ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Barnett View Post
          The event is quickly approaching. This folder is for logistical info and details in regard to locations, times, and etc.

So the first item is the map and address of the site.

o6704 Circle Rd.
          oCorryton, TN 37721

Another good detail is to watch your spelling of thread titles!!!!

It's on like DONKEY KONG!!!!!!!!!!! but not like that at the event......... I am pumped for it... see ya'll there.
          [FONT=Arial]Chris Cox[/FONT]
          [I]"BullCalf"[/I]
          [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Co.B 45th AL[/COLOR][/B]
          [I][COLOR="Navy"][B]Possum Skinner Mess[/B][/COLOR][/I]

Comment

" Another modern intrusion will be a FM radio tower. This tower was the world's tallest structure in 1963 (1,752 feet). We could not pull it down for the weekend. The side that is most successful during the weekend will be allowed to run their colors up!!!."

Now come on Greg, yer' a tuff' ole' boy, I think you can take that tower. Seriously I'm proud of you and Sean for all your hard work, I think you guys are going to have a bully of an event. See you in Corryton.
            E,
            Eric N. Harley-Brown
            Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Mr. Barnett,
              I thought I saw someone had posted the real rosters of our companies during this engagement and was wondering if we were supposed to pick an actual person to be, or if we were going to be assigned a certain impression, or if we are just supposed to be in generic first person and not a specific soldier?
              thanks,
              [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everett Taylor[/FONT]

Comment

Re: Event Details and Specifics

I would welcome all to look at the original rosters. It is not a requirement to pick a persona, but it would be a good idea to pick an individual and do a little research on the man, just to get you mind right for the weekend. It will give you some prospective on what these men had been through over a 6 month period of time. Having fought at Gettysburg, travel south (by train most of the way), engaging at Chickamauga and then on to Knoxville, trying to beat Burnside there.

Excellent question,
                Greg S Barnett

New Knoxville Mess
                ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

Originally posted by ewtaylor View Post
                  Mr. Barnett,
                  I thought I saw someone had posted the real rosters of our companies during this engagement and was wondering if we were supposed to pick an actual person to be, or if we were going to be assigned a certain impression, or if we are just supposed to be in generic first person and not a specific soldier?
                  thanks,
                  hought this might help...I took it from a post from Greg.

4th Alabama Infantry Regiment Co. "C"
                  "Magnolia Cadets

*Officers:

DAWSON, Nathaniel H. R., Capt. (enlisted, aged 32; a lawyer; resigned, 21 April 62 || NARS C roll; Oates)
                  ROBBINS, Frank C. [Frank E.?], Capt. (wounded, Cold Harbor, Knoxville; captured, Knoxville || Brewer)
                  TAYLOR, F. M., Capt.
                  LAMAR, John H., 1st Lt. (|| NARS C Roll)
                  SHORTRIDGE, George D. [George B.?], jr., 1st Lt., Surgeon (dropped, 21 April 62 || NARS C Roll)
                  STERRETT, Major Dowell [27 June 1840-1919], 1st Lt., Capt., Major. (enlisted, aged 21; a physician; wounded, Malvern Hill, Antietam; retired, 24 January 63, and transferred to 4th Congressional District of Alabama as Quartermaster || bio: CV XVIII:430; NARS C roll; Brewer)
                  GRICE [GRUE?], Henry F., 2nd Lt. (|| Vaughn, p. 576)
                  McCRAW [McGRAW?], S. Newton, 2nd Lt. (a lawyer; dropped, 21 April 62 || Coles; NARS C Roll)
                  ROBBINS, Frank C. [Frank E.?] 2nd Lt., 1st Lt., Capt. (a teacher; wounded, Chickamauga, and captured; remained POW until exchanged, 11 Oct 64 || NARS C roll; Oates)
                  WILSON, John R., 2nd Lt. (dropped, 21 April 62 || NARS C Roll)

DANIEL, John R., 1st Sgt. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  RAIFORD, William C., 1st Sgt. (|| CSR; Vaughn, p. 575)
                  WADDELL, Edward B., 1st Sgt.
                  BEREALY, B., Sgt.
                  DANIEL, Lucian A., 3rd Sgt. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  GOLDSBY, Boykin I., 4th Sgt. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  LAMSON, Frank R., Orderly Sgt.
                  MELTON, Thomas J., 3rd Sgt., 2nd Sgt., 1st Sgt. (enlisted, aged 16, a farmer; wounded, Gaines' Mill, Chickamauga, The Wilderness; Coles || Vaughn, p. 590)
                  OVERTON, Thomas W., Sgt.
                  PRICE, Alfred C., 2nd Sgt., 1st Sgt., Capt. (enlisted, aged 24; a lawyer; wounded, 1st Manassas; died, 7 July 62, after Gaines' Mill || Bham Age; NARS C roll; CMH; Oates)
                  SHERRER, Corporation, Sgt. (wounded, Chickamauga || Vaughn, p. 596)
                  VAUGHAN, P. Turner, 3rd Sgt., 2nd Sgt., 2nd Lt. (a farmer; resigned, 12 Dec 64 || NARS C roll; Coles)

BELL, Bush W., Cpl.
                  BROWN, James G., Cpl.
                  BURGIN, D. Augustus, Cpl.
                  COHEN, Lewis, Cpl.
                  DENSLER, William H., Cpl.
                  McKERNING, John W., Cpl.
                  MILLER, Stephen J., 2nd Cpl. (enlisted, aged 18; a farmer; wounded, Chickamauga, 20 Sept 63 || Coles; Vaughn, p. 596)
                  PEEPLES, Frank W., Cpl.
                  POWER [PRIOR?], R. Q, Cpl.
                  SHERRER, David H, Cpl.
                  THOMPSON, James Wilson [-November 1909], Cpl. (enlisted, aged 18; a farmer; wounded, Gettysburg || Coles; CV)
                  WORKS, William T., Cpl.

Privates:

ADAMS, William L.
                  ADKINS, Agrippa (enlisted, aged 18 || Coles)
                  ARMSTGRONG, J. B.
                  AVERETT, James B.
                  AVERY, William C.
                  AVERY, William H.
                  BAILES, Ben E. (|| Huntsville Roll)
                  BAKER, Eli W.
                  BANKS, Robert R. (died as POW, 17 Oct 64, Elmira, NY)
                  BARNES, R. R.
                  BEATTY, Thomas K.
                  BECE, J.
                  BIXLEY, H. C.
                  BLACKMAN, Hiram
                  BODY, W. H. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  BOHAN[N]ON, Robert B. (KIA, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  BOYD, George R. [2 Sept 1826-] (an employee, government depository, Selma; placed on detached service at Selma || bio: ALCMH)
                  BOYD, Labe (wounded, Chickamauga || Vaughn, p. 596)
                  BOYD, William G.
                  BOYD, William S.
                  BOYLES, J. C.
                  BRADLEY, Hugh C. (enlisted, aged 26; a physician; assigned Asst Surgeon, 4th AL Regt; discharged for illness, 9 Dec 62 || Coles)
                  BRIGGS, Charles H. (||Vaughn, p. 599)
                  BURGIS, W. P.
                  CARROLL, Rev. (a Baptist minister, Selma, AL || Vaughn, p. 591)
                  CAUGHTRY, Joseph R. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  CLAYTON, George W.
                  CLEMENS, J.
                  CLEVELAND, George W. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  CLEVELAND, Pulaski
                  COLE, George W.
                  COOK, Benson
                  COOK, James W. (wounded, Chickamauga || Vaughn, p. 596)
                  COOK, Matthew M.
                  COOK, Thomas M.
                  COURSEY, William W.
                  CUNNINGHAM, Frank M. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  DANIELS, John. (KIA || Vaughn, p. 599)
                  DENSLER, John E.
                  DONEGAY, James G.
                  DOYLE, John
                  EASLE, N. R.
                  EDWARDS, William W.
                  ETRUE?, Henry Floyd? (|| NARS C Roll)
                  FORD, Joseph H.
                  FRAZIER, William, Chaplain (|| Vaughn, p. 574)
                  FRIDAY, H. O.
                  FRIDAY, Hilliard J. (wounded, Chickamauga, 20 Sept 63 || Vaughn, p. 596)
                  FRIDAY, James L.
                  FRIDAY, John C.
                  FRIDAY, M. C.
                  GARRETT, Robert Edward [-17 July 1906] (wounded, 1st , 2nd Manassas, Fredericksburg; promoted regimental ordnance Sgt. || bio: CV XV:323)
                  GEESLIN, Larkin
                  GILLIAM, Marlin
                  GOODMAN, B. W.
                  HADEN, Grey (|| Vaughn, p. 574)
                  HADEN, John M.
                  HAMMON, James
                  HARRISON, William H., jr. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age; Vaughn, p. 574)
                  HARRISON, William H., sr.
                  HARROW, W. H.
                  HARVILLE, Thornton R. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  HODGE, William L.
                  HODGES, H. H.
                  HOLMES, William S.
                  HOOKS, William L.
                  HUDSON, W. J.
                  HUGHES, Carter H.
                  HUGHES, J.
                  JACKSON, Felix W.
                  JENKS, James M.
                  JOHNSON, ? ?
                  JOHNSON, William
                  JOHNSON, William G. (also in Co. "G")
                  JONES, William
                  JORDAN, George A.
                  JORDAN, James M. (enlisted, aged 21; a carpenter; wounded, 1st Manassas; KIA 1 July 62 || Bham Age; Coles)
                  JORDAN, Josephus
                  JORDEN, William
                  KENNEDY, Archie E. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  KENNEDY, George D.
                  KING, Robert H.
                  KING, William R. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  LACKEY, E.
                  LANE, William B.
                  LEARY, B.
                  LEE, C. R. M.
                  LEWIS, James L.
                  LOCHLIN, E.
                  LOWERY, N. (wounded, Chickamauga || Vaughn, p. 596)
                  LOWERY, Uriah
                  LOWERY, William A.
                  LOWREY, Dick. (|| Vaughn, p. 575)
                  LOWRY, W. A. (KIA, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  LUSK, John M. (wounded, Chickamauga || Vaughn, p. 596)
                  McCLUNG, Frank Co. C (|| Huntsville Roll)
                  McDONALD, R. Miller.
                  McKENZIE, W.
                  McNEAL, George S.
                  MACY, S. M.
                  MARSHALL, Jacob, Musician
                  MARTIN, James B.
                  MARTIN, William.
                  MATHER, Thomas S.
                  MAY, Syd M.
                  MAY, William V.
                  MELTON, George F. Musician
                  MIMMS, George A. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  MORRIS, C.
                  MOSELY, Andrew B.
                  MOTTER, Thomas S.
                  NAILON, Mathew
                  NEELAND, M.
                  O'NEAL, William H.
                  OGLESBERRY, Edward
                  OLIVER, H.
                  OVERTON, John F.
                  PAISLEY, Hugh S.
                  PARKS, S. D.
                  PEOPLES, F. W. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  PRIOR [POWER?], R. Q. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  PRYOR, George A.
                  PRYOR, John W.
                  PRYOR, Robert Q.
                  RAINEY, Benjamin.
                  RANEY, John B.
                  REINHARDT, George L.
                  ROACH, Solomon B.
                  ROBBINS, James L.
                  RUCKER, Henry
                  RUCKER, Lindsay
                  SIMS, G. W.
                  SPEVEY, L. W.
                  STOCKMAN, Robert
                  STOKES, William C.
                  STONE, John H. (KIA, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  STREETY, John B.
                  TARVER, Benjamin J. Co. C (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  TAYLOR, E. A. (wounded, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  TAYLOR, William E.
                  TEESLIN, L.
                  TERRY, C. E.
                  TERRY, Thomas B.
                  THOMAS, Lewis
                  THOMPSON, James J.
                  THOMPSON, John S. (enlisted, aged 17; a farmer || Coles)
                  THOMPSON, W. A.
                  THOMPSON, William E.
                  THOMPSON, William T.
                  TURNER, Daniel M. (died in service, 4 [7?] Sept 62; burial: Warrenton, VA, Cemetery)
                  URSERY [URSORY?], Edward G.(KIA, 1st Manassas || Bham Age)
                  WALKER, James W.
                  WALTERS, Allen
                  WASDEN, William J.
                  WHELLEN, Daniel
                  WHITE, W. B. T.
                  WHITE, William
                  WILSON, George
                  WINSTEAD, Richard M.
                  WOLFE, John
                  WOODRUFF, W. H.
                  WORKS, Ira T. (wounded, Chickamauga || Vaughn, p. 596)
                  WREN, Alfred M.
                  WREN, Theodore J.
                  WRIGHT, George M.
                  Knoxville Tenn
                  New Knoxville Mess
                  Possum Skinners Mess
                  ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Greg Barnett
                  View Public Profile
                  Send a private message to Greg Barnett
                  Send email to Greg Barnett
                  Visit Greg Barnett's homepage!
                  Find all posts by Greg Barnett
                  Add Greg Barnett to Your Contacts

#28 03-27-2009,
                  Kiev Thomason
                  a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
                  WIG
                  Armory Guards
                  Forest Park Lodge #399
                  Forest Park GA.

Comment

Great idea...thanks for the information.

See y'all there
                    Joel Phillips

Comment

Hey Joel!

You know what is great about this event?.?.?.

You'll be there!

One week away!!
                      Greg S Barnett

New Knoxville Mess
                      ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Barnett View Post
                        Hey Joel!

You know what is great about this event?.?.?.

You'll be there!

One week away!!
                        You just want a swig of my O Be Joyful...I know you.

I have been sleeping on the ground every night just to get ready.

Ye Haw
                        Joel Phillips

Comment

Gents here is the weather forecast for this weekend. Looks like we will have some nice weather.

Friday-

Low of 45, High 72 Sunny

Saturday-

Low of 46, High 71 Partly Cloudy

Sunday-

Low of 51, High of 69, 60% chance of rain. Hopefully it will hold off untill the event is over.

We look forward to seeing everyone Friday. Have a safe trip.
                          Sean Cooper
                          SCAR

Comment

Gents
                            The driveway, to the barn where parking and registration is located, will be flanked on each side by orange cones. Look for the orange cones. If you don't see orange cones, that ain't the driveway. ( Hopefully, Sean and I will remember to put out the orange cones.)

Cheers
                            Greg S Barnett

New Knoxville Mess
                            ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

Gents,

My wife is making us a couple of signs (you would not be able to read it if I wrote it). There will be one on the highway where you turn on Circle Rd. There will be another on at registration in addition to the orange cones. See you Friday.:)
                              Sean Cooper
                              SCAR

Comment

Working...
                              X