Campaigner Adjunct for "Return to Manassas"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaigner Adjunct for "Return to Manassas"

Come and join us boys. The schedule is a very interesting one I think and this should shape up as a very nice adjunct effort. Join up with Capt. Steele, especially if you're a midwesterner but all are welcome.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

Michael, thank you for the support. we would like to see about 5 more Attend with Capt Steele from the Midwest. I know this will be a hike, but We are making some great strides in the schedule to make this worth your wile. One thing to come with for this event, is that we are sticking to the original fight/workings of the 26th. Props to Bill and Joe on allowing me to plan the battalions weekend in line with the actual regimental history for this campaign.

Again like other events, we will keep the masses out of the "loop" of orders to provide for a "what is happening" effect the actual soldiers felt during the war. feed back after other events is that this is appreciated and adds to the effect of the weekend.

Please come out and support this! We are at 60(ish) for the battalion. Goal is to fill 4 companies, so we need a bit more support to make this happen!

Cheers Gents,
      Skip
      [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
      [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

5 more lads! We can make this number boys and end up with a nice sized company. We've had a good showing already of midwestern folks but let's get some more. Join up with Capt. Steele - I mean his name alone should inspire confidence.
        Michael Comer

Comment

NEW ENGLAND MEN: JOIN COMPANY A OF THE 26TH NYSV AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! YOUR GOD AND COUNTRY NEED YOU!

https://<span style="color:red">www....vol.org</span>

FOR THE UNION! - Johnny Lloyd :wink_smil
          Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 08-10-2010, 05:58 PM.
          Johnny Lloyd
          John "Johnny" Lloyd
          Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
          SCAR
          Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
          Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
          Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
          Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Re: Campaigner Adjunct for &quot;Return to Manassas&quot;

Gents,

Thanks Mike and Skip for to support <and flattery>. I know that the gallant few from Company H will also prove to be hard as steel as soldiers ever were!

We are still looking for more brave lads to help fill out Company H. If you are from the Midwest, even not and want to be part of a great company of soldiers - Company H is the home for you!

Let me know if when you sign up for Company H so I can get your information to 1st Sgt Comer. Email me at the following address:
            hy80steele@yahoo.com

Best Regards,

Thomas Steele
            Captain
            Co. H, 26th NY Vol
            Thomas Steele
            Sally Port Mess
            Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
            Old Northwest Volunteers

Marmadukes Raid II
            BGA Gettysburg - 24th Mich, Co. F
            Fort Sanders - 20th Mich

Comment

All men reminded- The Potomac Legion Adjunct will now accept walk-ons. Price is $10 for rations plus registration for the event.

Get your registrations here: www.fifthnhvol.org

We meet Jackson and Longstreet in 1 week on the field of battle!

All for the Flag! To Arms!

Your obed't servant- Jno. Lloyd,
              Adj. 26th NYSV
              Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 08-21-2010, 04:08 PM.
              Johnny Lloyd
              John "Johnny" Lloyd
              SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Gentlemen:
                All pre-event preparations are just about wrapped up. If you want to portray a single regiment at a higher quality mainstream event, and all in real time, sign up. If not, your loss. This is not your average "go blue" adjunct but a fully develop EBUFU-style campaign. We will only see the large numbers when we need to historically. Thanks.
                William Birney
                Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
                Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Men of Oneida- In less than a week Longstreet and Jackson will meet Northern thunder and pay for their traitorous transgressions- get your registrations in to here: www.fifthnhvol.org.

Remember Sumter! All for the Flag!

- 1st Lt. Johnny Lloyd
                  Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 08-21-2010, 04:13 PM.
                  Johnny Lloyd
                  John "Johnny" Lloyd
                  SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Folks,

The trip will be worth it just to see Johnny as the adjutant!
                    Michael Comer

Comment

• Re: Campaigner Adjunct for &quot;Return to Manassas&quot;

Originally posted by huntdaw View Post
                      Folks,

The trip will be worth it just to see Johnny as the adjutant!
                      Yeah, what he said. -Johnny
                      Johnny Lloyd
                      John "Johnny" Lloyd
                      SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Is there a link with directions to the event site?
                        [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
                        Past President Potomac Legion
                        Long time member Columbia Rifles
                        Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Elizabethtown Pa is the city.. also the britanys hope website has the location. go to http://www.fifthnhvol.org/ for the directions.
                          [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

Comment

Greetings Dave - answer is yes. Go to www.fifthnhvol.org - a link is posted on the 5th NHV's schedule page. See you there and oh, by the way, I need to speak to you.
                            Paul Parvis
                            Current President Potomac Legion

Comment

Gents. See you all tomorrow.. again FLAT Haversacks. SGT Birney has worked extremely hard to replicate the actual workings of the 26th NY for the event. If you have never had the chance to eat exactly what they ate (down to the cracker) you will this weekend.. We are really excited about this event, and look forward to weekend. I pray that all make a safe trip out and following the event back home, and that this weekend will be an example of how we would like to action some of the larger 150th events. Events within Events is the theme. Have a Admins flexibilty to do our "thing" while supporting a larger event with documented engagements in senerios. Again this weekend the goal is NOT to burn powder, but to replicate the actions of the 26th.. if you have not read up, the were only in the Chinn Ridge Fight, which as the army is balasting away on sat we will be listening to the sounds of battle as the 26th Did the days following their actions!

Im excited are you?
                              [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

Comment

Very excited! Leaving in about an hour for Elizabethtown... See you there, Skip. -Johnny
                                Johnny Lloyd
                                John "Johnny" Lloyd
                                SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
                                X