Chickamauga Living Histories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickamauga Living Histories

As always the Chickamauga and Chattanooga NMP would like you to consider us for living history programs this next year. We are wanting to increase the number of programs we have to offer, so please consider us. We need groups all year round, not just around the Anniversary, so if you have an opening between March and October consider us.

Lee
    Lee White
    Researcher and Historian
    "Delenda Est Carthago"
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Re: Chickamauga Living Histories

Bump...Folks, we are really needing some programs this summer, particularly in June, so any mess or group that wants to come out, let me know.

Lee
    Lee White
    Researcher and Historian
    "Delenda Est Carthago"
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Comment

Re: Chickamauga Living Histories

Thought I would also bring this over from the Civilian Events Folder for those who might be interested.

Folks,
      We are presenting a program on the election of 1860 as part of our anniversary programs here at Chickamauga in a few weeks. The plan is to have stump speakers representing represenatives of Breckinridge, Douglas, and Bell, and then having some folks in civilian impressions in the crowd to cheer or jeer, and we would like to add some more folks to this. So if anyone is interested in being part of this as a civilian, please contact Chris Young at the Chickamauga Battlefield. Rowdies are welcome.

All-

I want to thank Lee for posting this! We are asking that if you have a good civilian impression, feel free to participate in our North Georgia 1860 campaign! I will be posting times for our formal programs. Although our speakers will be stumping throughout the day, we will have three formal programs each day on Saturday, September 18 and Sunday, September 19. In addition to members of the South Union Guards taking the lead on the stump, we will be having a period brass band playing at some point during each of our formal programs!!! This in itself will be a unique touch to our remembrance of the 150th Anniversary of the 1860 presidential election!

If any of you have any questions about this event, please feel free to message me on the AC or email me at christopher_young@nps.gov.

Again, we would love for those of you period civilians to participate if you are able. You don't have to be a speaker. We need people in period clothing to blend in with the "modern" visitors and assist in jeering or cheering!

Thanks,

Chris

So if anyone is interested and has a Civilian or even militia uniform, please consider this one.

Lee
      Lee White
      Researcher and Historian
      "Delenda Est Carthago"

Comment

Working...
      X