This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olustee Campaigner Company?

Are there any plans for a campaigner company for Olustee this year?
    Kindest regards,

Robert "Rocky" Kilpatrick
    Prattville Lodge #89 F&AM

Re: Olustee Campaigner Company?

Hallo!

Moderator hat on...

"2010 Adjuncts (Not EBUFU) This is a moderated folder for mainstream events with at least a company sized C/P/H element attending in 2010. These are NOT EBUFU events."

This thread is remaining open as a question for linking up with a possible adjunct "campaigner company" for this event.

Olustee is a mainstream event and is not open to posting or discussion.

Whether or not it gets listed here is determined by the AC's new policy and formal procedure- and the requirements as to what an "adjunct company" is and what it needs to be to be listed.

Out of that framework, it will be closed.

Thanks all.

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Well, I will post about some campaigner companies at Olustee.
      CS, you may want to check with the Flat Landers Mess or some of the Armoury Guards were going to attend.
      US, the 48th NYVI Co F, (associated with SCAR)is a campaign company that, along with the FLM above, trek out into the "back 40" of the park and hold a picket post scenerio. They time it to where they will march in just before the Saturday battle...as was done historically.
      These fellows have been doing this for several years. Yes, Olustee is a mainstream battle, but these fellows have found a way to put an event inside of an event....sounds adjunct to me. But then I serve as the adjutant for the battn. the US troops are part.
      My 2 pennies
      Joe Blunt
      "...don't rush the judgement, until all the facts are in."

Comment

For those of you who feel a need to report the original post as out of line I refer you to post #2 that states the AC staff position on this matter. As it stands now no action will be taken.
        Jim Kindred

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebucket View Post
          US, the 48th NYVI Co F, (associated with SCAR)is a campaign company that, along with the FLM above, trek out into the "back 40" of the park and hold a picket post scenerio. They time it to where they will march in just before the Saturday battle...as was done historically.
          These fellows have been doing this for several years. Yes, Olustee is a mainstream battle, but these fellows have found a way to put an event inside of an event....sounds adjunct to me. But then I serve as the adjutant for the battn. the US troops are part.
          My 2 pennies
          Joe Blunt
          The "campaign" portion in 2009 is one of those experiences I take with me and look back on with great satisfaction as a first rate period experience in the hoof prints of my Florida ancestors.

Comment

I participated in this in 2000. I think it was the first year it was done, and the 48th NY was just standing up. It was one of the two events I clearly remember attending. It was great and I miss not being able to participate in theis each year. If you get the chance, give it a go.

Steve Hesson

Comment

What Joe says up above about sums it all up. If you want more details on the proposed activities then contact
              Ken Giddens at chifos@aol.com for Federals.

If you wanna portray CS troops then contact me at joeygangler@hotmail.com

I personally have done the programs as US and CS and have always had a blast with what we end up doing.

Comment

FYI some individual Armory Guards guys are attending, but we are not attending Olustee as a unit.

Joey and the Flatlanders are the guys to talk to in regards to the Confederate campaigner company. This is all Joey's show folks and I want to give credit where credit is due. You'll be covering some of the original ground if you participate with the campaigner groups at Olustee and the palmettos start to look the same after a while.

All in all it is a good low key adjunct to start the year off :D
                Herb Coats
                Armory Guards &
                WIG

Comment

Working...
                X