This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perryville Living History: May 2010

You are on my calendar Jim. Look forward to it!
    sigpic
    Grandad Wm. David Lee
    52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

"If You Ain't Right, Get Right!"
    - Uncle Dave Macon

www.40thindiana.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thank you, fellows, for bringing the thread back up. I have been working on event details and hope to have much more to share with you all very very soon. I am waiting on some minor details from the park in order to get some areas rolling, but it really is beginning to piece itself together.

I should have company commanders and event structure laid out next. So, start talking with your pards, get on horn, send e-mails, and let them know what's going on. I am very confident that everyone will walk away from this event having taken in some quality experiences.

Oh! Anyone out there have access to The Civil War Diary of Private Josiah Ayre? The only copies I can find of this published writing are non-circulating and I cannot afford to drive to Cleveland anytime soon.

Some of the Jacks n Tens will be hiking around Perryville sometime soon and will be scouting some areas for programs, bivouac, etc. We're really looking forward to seeing this come together. This won't be your typical park living history!
      Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

Jim,
        I know many of the Armory Guards are interested. It has been awhile since many of us have been to Perryville. Let me know if I can help in any way.
        [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
        [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
        [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Jim,
          Ask your sister to talk to THE MAN- Ken Cornet- and see if he or Liechty have anything. From what Zimmerman told me Joe has a lot of 105th info. He sure helped out (as in 100% of the research helped out) with Vicksburg and the 56th Ohio, really and truly one of the largest wealths of knowledge on the Federal Infantryman in the West that I know of. But you might have to buy him a plug or two.
          Patrick Landrum
          Independent Rifles

Comment

It sounds interesting. Will there be Confederates? I don't see guidlines for them.
            [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
            ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

New Website!

There is now a new website up for the Living History at Perryville Battlefield. Geocities has decided to shut down next month in order to make way for some new Yahoo web hosting services. So, just so everyone is aware, the new website for the event can be found here: http://perryville2010.webs.com/

I do have plenty of information forthcoming. Much more will be added to the website as we move along. You all should see company commanders and further such details very soon. Also, registration will be opened shortly once we can get approval on the registration form content.

I am currently working on getting a Bully Buy together as well. You will notice that issue shirts are required for the impression, so to help everyone out, we're looking to strike a good buy for those needing them. Details will come if and when we get the green light on that.

Lastly, I want to thank you all for being patient. I have been in the process of starting a new career this year which has occupied a lot of my time for the past several months. So, having said that, much more information will be made available within the next several weeks.

Look forward to seeing you all in Kentucky come May!
              Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

Comment

Bump....don't forget!
                Kaelin R. Vernon
                SOUTH UNION GUARD

"Do small things with great love" -Mother Teresa

" Put your hands to work and your hearts to God" -Mother Ann Lee

Comment

Event Cancelled: Living History at Perryville Battlefield 2010

As of this point, the Living History at Perryville Battlefield is being cancelled.

I hope to postpone our efforts for a possible event in 2011.

Why is the event being cancelled?
                  1. Although it was announced in a timely manner for scheduling, through no one’s fault except my own, planning was not developed in enough time to secure participants. Many groups that I have contacted have scheduling conflicts that will not allow them to attend. Subsequently, we cannot obtain the level of participation needed to do this event as it was intended.

2. My personal work situation this year got in the way of planning that should have been done long ago. I have been trying to make a career change all of this year, which has tied up the majority of my time. I have just entered a one year training program for this new field of employment that will not allow me any free time (literally) until July of 2010. Unfortunately for me, that also means that I will not be able to attend any events during that time, let alone coordinate one. I am very happy at the opportunity that I have in front of me now, but it does come with sacrifices to which the Civil War hobby is one.

First, let me apologize to those that offered their help with this event. You all put your energy into this, and for that, I am sorry.

Second, to those that granted me their support with the intention of attending, I am sorry to you all as well.

I want to thank Pat Landrum, Pat Craddock, Tripp Corbin, Brian Baird, Pat Lewis, Mike Kupsch, Kurt Holman, and Joni House for offering their support of this event. Events like this, or any event for that matter, cannot be done without the help of folks in this hobby and at the sites we play on. Every one of you is first rate!

Moderators,
                  Please lock this one down at your convenience.
                  Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

Comment

Working...
                  X