April - May 2010 Boonesfield event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April - May 2010 Boonesfield event

I'm pleased to announce the next Spring Boonesfield event for April to mid-May 2010. In the interest of deconfliction, I thought let you all know what was in the works prior to settling on a final date with the village administration. It looks as though April to early May is fairly free so far, at least in terms of similar events on this forum.

This will be a County Court Days event, with a very early war setting (probably April 1861) to avoid having to cope with too many conflicting factors. But that is open to discussion. The overall scenario is that a circuit judge has appointed a civil court at Boonesfield and will hear a variety of civil cases over a period of a few days. Such events were generally celebrations for the town that held them, so there will be the typical picnics, footraces, maybe even target shooting contests. This event was inspired by a similar one set up by Hank and Linda in Kentucky some years ago, but our judge will hear only civil cases.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, or if you'd like to participate as a judge, lawyer, defendant or plaintiff (civil cases only) please get in touch as soon as possible. Thank you!
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Re: April - May 2010 Boonesfield event

Silvana,

I reckon I'll be there. Always enjoy a weekend at Boonesfield and springtime will be quite pleasant there.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

Silvana,

Sounds like another great event for Boonesfield! Count me in. If there is room for a Circuit Lawyer, sign me up. I was hoping to have this impression done for this pass weekend at Boonesfield, but just plain ran out of time.
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Jason Huether[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      Lazy Skinner's Society

[I]If the Republic goes down in blood and ruin, let its obituary be written thus: "Died of West Point."[/I]
      Brig Gen James A Garfield, 1862

Comment

Mike and Jason, you have dibs.

I wanted to let everyone know that we have scheduled the event for the weekend of May 14-16, 2010.
        [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]

Comment

I'll be there unless God calls me home:wink_smil
          Any time spent at Boonesfield is a joy.
          [FONT="Times New Roman"][/FONT]
          Charlene Staples
          Delavan, WI

Citizens of The Old NorthWest
          Boonesfield Village
          Lost Tribes
          Bummers

Comment

I'm bumping this thread up to remind everyone that the next Boonesfield event will be held May 14-16, 2010.

We had previously planned for a wartime county court session, with civil and criminal cases being tried in court and other civilian activities going on in the village.

At Holler's suggestion we have decided to set this event in 1865 and return to Gray Summit, Missouri, to continue the events set in motion during Lost Tribes.

The miscreants who shot at the church and who injured our Pastor have been caught and will be tried during the court session. Other civil suits and criminal cases will be heard as well during the 2-day session. I am very happy to announce that many of the folks who made Lost Tribes such a roaring success have already indicated their willingness to return next spring.

We have a judge, a defense attorney, and a prosecutor already. We will need more lawyers, defendants, plaintiffs, and ne'er-d0-wells.

Judge: Mike Comer
            Defense: Dave Gerow
            Defendant in shooting: "Hog" Craven
            Prosecutor: Charles Hoskins
            Lawyer: Jason Huether

More news to come soon. Please mark your calendars!

Comment

Silvana, I will be there to run the telegraph office. Also, there generally seems to be a fair amount of Freemasons that attend Boonesfiled. Possibly, we should incorporate that into the scenario.
              Michael A. Kupsch, 32°
              Grand Junior Warden, Grand Lodge of Kansas AF & AM
              Past Master Wyandotte Lodge #03

[email]tatermess_mike@yahoo.com[/email]
              The Tater Mess
              The Widow's Son Mess
              WIG's
              [url]http://members.tripod.com/the_tater_mess/[/url]

Comment

Veterans of Company I (and those still in service)

We will meet at Grey Summit to defend our dear friend Hog.

Hog we have gotten the best lawyer in Scotland county to defend you.
                Nathan Hellwig
                AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

I just wrote to Mr. Gerow, offering whatever support I can for the defense.
                  Andy Ackeret
                  A/C Staff
                  Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Will Mr. Gerow be offering shaves during recess?
                    Michael Comer
                    one of the moderator guys

Comment

I'll be there to stand by Hog for his defense.
                      Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
                      My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

The Missoura Minstrels are proud to announce that we will once again expand on our blackfaced show. You'll just have to come to see what we put on, new material and much more!
                        Kyle (Cuffie) Pretzl
                        The Tater Mess

Comment

Working...
                        X