Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armory Guards Camp of Instruction Jan 8-10th, 2010 at Picketts Mill

Gents,

The Armory Guards is expanding on our Annual Meeting this year. We’ll be running a Camp of Instruction at Picketts Mill State Park on January 8-10, 2010. The impression is Confederate, most likely to be a unit from Walker’s Division. The will be a good chance to get 2010 “season” jump started.

Some of our esteemed battalion members will be on hand instructing the participants in the martial, camping, and “off duty” elements of the ACW. In addition to the usual drill and looking “kewl” in the new kit you got for Christmas we’ll have some instructional time as well. The annual “Sell you Stuff” element will be in place as well.

Brian Hicks, Robby Mitchell, Kiev Thomason, and Pat Landrum have already volunteered their services for these instructional blocks.

We are looking at 25 to 30 men in addition the Armory Guards members. The cost will be $25 for the weekend which includes rations and “extras.” This is a first come first served basis for these slots. We will begin accepting registrations after Bummers.

I would also like to straight away thank James Wooten, the Ranger Extraordinaire for allowing us use of Picketts Mill State Park for this Camp of Instruction.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me. Look for updates after Bummers.

Thank you
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Re: Armory Guards Camp of Instruction Jan 8-10th, 2010 at Picketts Mill

Update:

The COI begins kicks off Saturday AM early. Everyone needs to be on site Friday PM. Parking will be at the park’s service road which is the first right after you drive into the park entrance. We will be camping at the cabin.

The cost to attend has been lowered to $20. This will cover breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday. It will also cover breakfast on Sunday. Payment can be sent to me via paypal Menion687@aol.com or it can be mailed to me in check or money order form. Send an email to me for my mailing address. Use the same email address as above. The fee must be sent to me by January 1st 2010.

We will be focusing on School of the Soldier and School of the Company. The “buy n sell” stuff happens Friday PM or after dinner on Saturday evening.

The impression is now generic 1864 Confederate. If you need more information please look at the park’s website describing the impression

The COI wraps up at noon on Sunday. All participants are asked to stay the duration of the event.

Thanks all
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

This is great I get paid tomorrow. :) So this works out great.
      Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

Updates for the AG COI Jan 8-10

Update for the Armory Guards January 8-10 COI

1) Please bring 40 Rounds

2) Bring oil and cleaning patches

3) Bring musket tools (nipple wrench, Sgts tool, etc) if you have them

4) Bring a pencil and ledger/notebook

5) NCO's bring a watch

6) You may bring an A frames tent and/or Confederate shelter fly. (Please no Federal tent flies)

7) Feel free to bring some boxes for furniture or a small camp stool will be allowed.

This is a “winter encampment” not one of our “campaign” events. A Confederate or Civilian overcoat is a wise idea for this time of year. (No Federal Overcoats) You may also bring extra wool shirts, (layers people) socks, blankets, a scarf, mittens, or gloves plus any other period item for keeping you warm. It does get cold around these parts in January.

We will be camping adjacent to the cabin close to the park's entrance. The company kitchen will be located at the cabin.

Please remember that we are starting at 5am on Saturday so if you plan on attending arriving on Friday is in your best interest. The event ends at Noon on Sunday. We ask that everyone attending stay for the duration of this COI.

Kiev is the company commander. Brian Hicks will be the Orderly, Robby and Tripp are the other two sergeants.

The buy/sell/trade bonanza can happen Friday and Saturday after we are finished with drill.

Please let me know if you are attending Kiev and I need to have a good idea by New Year’s of who is attending so we can get the appropriate rations.

My email address is Menion687@aol.com

Thanks....
        Herb Coats
        Armory Guards &
        WIG

Comment

Gents,

Make sure you bring your warm clothes! Our lovely North Georgia weather is helping with the "Winter" part of the Winter Drill.... Remember an extra wool shirt, socks, scarf, blanket, bed tick, etc.

The COI goes on no matter the weather. Remember we are recreating a "Winter Encampment" not "On the Campaign."

If you would like to attend please contact me.

Thanks all.....
          Herb Coats
          Armory Guards &
          WIG

Comment

Working...
          X