Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin-April 16-18, 2010

April 16, 17 and 18 2010.
    Due to the cancellation of Perryville and the fact some had requested time off, the Independent Rifles are hosting a moving Living History in Franklin. This event is set up as a mobile living history and while it will not be totally devoid of modern intrusions, it will be very heavy with historical discussions from local historians, our fellow reenactors and the chance to view original items from the Battle of Franklin.

We will be doing a haversack, uniform, and equipment inspection to ensure every participant is up to standards for this living history. The standards are not going to require the purchase of specific items, but what is on there is what we expect. Expect nothing out of the ordinary from the guidelines, just expect to be dirty. We want a worn and ragged look for the weekend. The packet is being assembled and will be sent to those waiting for it soon.

This will not be a long march, by any means, but please pack accordingly. Our march route will be from Carnton to the Carter House, with several stops planned for the day. We will be conducting several demos at each of the two key sites.

The civilian aspect of this Living History is in progress now, for information, please contact Elizabeth Landrum at lizzie5286@yahoo.com . Naturally, the civilian participation is limited. Civilians will be limited to 10-15 people, of which many places are already filled.

All remaining money will be donated for Battlefield Preservation at Franklin.
    This is a Federal and Confederate Living History. Federal Participants are limited to 15 confirmed Federals and 85 confirmed Confederates. We intended to have a Confederate only event, but at the request of the Director, we are currently working on finding 15 federal volunteers.

Email me for a copy of the registration form and packet. The packet also encloses a suggested reading list. westernpicket63@yahoo.com
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: Franklin-April 16-18, 2010

I have gotten a lot of feedback from civilians interested in participating. I believe those who have shown interest and are committed to coming have filled the quota intended for the event. Civilian participation is filled.
    Thanks!
    EL
    Elizabeth Landrum
    IR Team Mom

Comment

Get those registrations in! A list will be posted after Backwaters.
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Registration sent.
        Regards,
        John Raterink

"If they carried short rifles and shot people far away, they had to be cool"

Comment

Just a friendly reminder that Franklin is closing in fast! Get those registrations in soon. Several surprises in store for those that can make it. Something that to my knowledge has never been done and somethings that have never been seen.
          [B]Justin Morris[/B]
          [B]Independent Rifles[/B]
          "And All of Hell Followed"

Shiloh, IR Confederate Campaigner Adjunct Battalion, Cleburne's Division, March 30 to April 1, 2012

Comment

I will just have to wait patiently for this Franklin showcase extravaganza.. Hope to have something to add to everyone's experience, especially mine. Thanks to you and yours for getting this together for our community. AC community, you'll not want to miss this one!
            Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
            Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
            ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
            ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
            ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
            ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
            ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

My check has been sent and cashed. When I saw we were camping at Carnton and at The Carter house, my wife wished she could go. My ancestor took a ball to the shoulder at the Cotton Gin, so this will be especially meaningful to me. see you in April.
              Robert Orrand
              N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
              Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
              4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

Watch out boys, make sure you follow the guidelines to the T! My fellow event staff members Mitch Critel and Justin Morris will be pitching items in the woods that are not allowed or on the guidelines. They are known to use the match and the long toss in order to beat authenticity into people.
                Patrick Landrum
                Independent Rifles

Comment

Thats right, I feel for the poor soul that shows up with some mainstream junk!
                  Russ Dykes
                  Keith Stone Guard

6th Mississippi Adjunct 150th Shiloh
                  Maryland My Maryland 150th Sharpsburg
                  150th Chickamauga Kershaws Brigade
                  150th Wilderness and Spotsylvania Courthouse

"Splash" ......Mark Taylor

Comment

You will be leaving the Carnton House the morning of the 17th ?

Will that be after demo's there ?

Chris Rideout
                    Tampa, Florida

Comment

This sounds like you boys have got the makings' of a real interesting LH. I'm supposed to take my tiger cub den on a camp out that weekend. But I'm politely trying to rearrange dates so I can make it ! It would be a shame to miss such a unique event so close to home. Crossing my fingers.
                      Cheers,
                      Eric
                      Eric N. Harley-Brown
                      Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

I hope all the participants enjoy themselves at this event raising money for the Franklin Trust. I know the Civilian and Military Coordination team have put a lot of work into it!
                        Patrick Landrum
                        Independent Rifles

Comment

Well it's good to see humor is alive and well in Florida. If you're not coming then reserve your comments for elsewhere. I know for a fact the guys wouldn't actually toss stuff into the woods, but we're certainly not going to allow people to walk in with what they please. If it's crap, it's crap. And while this event will donate remaining money, it's not about raising money, so I'm not sure where you got that. Must be nice to sit on the forum and chunk criticism at events you have no interest in attending.
                          Last edited by coastaltrash; 03-11-2010, 07:39 PM.
                          Patrick Landrum
                          Independent Rifles

Comment

PS - Mitch and I will toss things into the woods if its not on the uniform and equipment regulations for the event . . . . . . .
                            Last edited by Justin Morris; 03-11-2010, 08:54 PM.
                            [B]Justin Morris[/B]
                            [B]Independent Rifles[/B]
                            "And All of Hell Followed"

Shiloh, IR Confederate Campaigner Adjunct Battalion, Cleburne's Division, March 30 to April 1, 2012

Comment

Guys,

Having read several other reports about Hawke_Man's activities today coupled with his performance in this thread his account has been suspended for seven days. The moderators are not going to put up with that type attitude any longer. Please do not let individuals such as him interfer with your discussion.
                              Last edited by JimKindred; 03-12-2010, 08:22 AM.
                              Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
                              X