Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting out?

Hello all.

First off, I'd like to say that I am just getting back into the hobby, after taking a break due to work. With the change in my schedule, and having graduated from HS now, I'd like to get back in. I'd like to attend an EBUFU so that I can learn more, get advice, and just generally experience this. If anyone knows of an event near SE Wisconsin, I'd like to hear about it. It doesn't "need" to be in the state, but it would need to be close. Sorry if I sound like I don't know what I am talking about, but I don't. I heard Ya'll don't bite too, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

(To Mods, please move if I put this in the wrong spot.)
    David Vander Pluym

Re: Starting out?

Here is one event in your area: http://oldnorthwestvols.org/cramptons_gap/ .
    Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Hey David

I grew up in East Troy and now live in Burlington. I will send you a PM about some more events in the area and some information about groups in the area as well. Talk to you later.

Jason Reinholz
      Mess #3
      ONV

Comment

David,

You and Jason may have already discussed this, but our Old Northwest Volunteers Company Drill is coming up in April,
        this would probably be the best way for you to meet our bunch and discuss future events, kit, etc.
        Your most obedient servant and comrade,
        James C. Schumann
        Mess #3
        Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

Thanks guys. Problem is, I can't afford to buy all period stuff, musket hasn't been defarbed, etc. So I'd need some loaner gear. I try to be as correct as possible, but some of the gear I already used was gifted by people leaving the hobby. Sooo, forgive any mistakes. Crampton's Gap looks great!

Remember, I'm new...so if I say something dumb, or do it, just tell me.
          David Vander Pluym

Comment

David,

I think you will find that most of us are willing to help a guy get started and improve when he has the inclination to do so himself. You've got to want it or it becomes a waste of time for someone to try to help you.

Those ONV guys come highly recommended. Follow their lead.
            Joe Smotherman

Comment

Working...
            X