Crampton's Gap Last minute details.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crampton's Gap Last minute details.

Hello all. In one week we will be in the field again. Here are a few key points I would like to reiterate to all participants.

*Make sure that once you are turning onto the driveway off Mckenna Road, you slow your speed down. This is a private driveway and if we want to stay in good graces with the landowner we must keep them happy. Please watch your speed as you are driving down their driveway.

*Parking- All Federals will be parking at the "Happy Camp". When you are coming up the driveway you will come to a fork in the road and have three options. Happy camp is the far left option and is a gravel road. All CS participants will be parking at the "Happy Barn", which when you come to the fork in the driveway stay on the pavement, taking the turn off to the right.

*Things are planned on going live at 9 P.M. All participants planning on getting on site later than 9 should contact myself or your company commanders. We have plans in place to get you to where you need to be. Once you get to the respective parking areas, stay there. Friday night I will have one person coming back to pick people up.

*Remember that Beth Crabb will be on site Friday in the Federal Parking area for your shopping pleasure as well as to exchange your modern money for period script to be used during the event at her Dry Goods Store.

*HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE......I believe that says it all!

*Remember, this is a 100% immersion event. First person must be maintained at all times throughout the event. If you continually and blatantly break first person you will be asked to leave!!

I can guarentee that you will sweat, likely be tired, stand picket duty, likely get wet, as well as a variety of other things throughout the weekend.........AKA, what the boys of '62 did. We have done what we can to put you in the right situation to experience these things,,,,,it's up to you what you get out of it!!

See you all in a week!!
    Dan Chmelar
    Semper Fi
    -ONV
    -WIG
    -CIR!

Re: Crampton's Gap Last minute details.

Dan,

Thanks to you for all your effort in putting this together. I think we'll have about three Ground Hornet types trekking up to support y'all.

Prior to Rich Mountain, Tom Yearby trained and conditioned relentlessly with a racing form at the horse track. I have worked hard to be ready. Yesterday I volunteered for 7 hours on the assembly line at the Diamond Bear Brewery. I will bring a bottle cap for the first 12 men I see.

Regards,
    Attached Files
    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink unless it is a thirsty horse. Too bad people aren't as smart as horses!
      Tom Yearby
      Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

One other detail. There is not much for dinning establishments in the direct vicinity of the event site. If you are looking for a meal on Friday night before the event goes live, the nearest is the Viking Cafe which is on the main drag going through Blanchardville. Very good food!! About a half an hour away in both Monroe and Darlington is fast food if that interests you. Your closest gas station to the event site is one in Blanchardville, otherwise it is again, Monroe and Darlington.

Dan
        Dan Chmelar
        Semper Fi
        -ONV
        -WIG
        -CIR!

Comment

Working...
        X