Get off your tails and register!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Get off your tails and register!

Everyone who attended the last LBL event knows what an awesome sight this is and you get to SEE much of it as all the trails allow for rapid movement.

I have been looking forward to getting back there and cannot wait to hit the road!

THIS EVENT IS GOING TO KICK SOME TAIL - ATTEND AND DONT WAIT FOR THE AARs!
    Regards,
    Eliot Toscano
    Independent Brute
    Putting on no style...

"Six children from the local village appeared wearing [U][B]fallacious accoutrements & reprehensible baggage [/B][/U]and thought they would put a sham battle on for our amusement. We laughed so hard at their imitation of soldiers that our sides were hurting for hours."
    A.R. Crawford in the 76th Illinois Infantry, Co D - April 1863 - The origin of FARB

Comment

Sounds to be shaping up to be a great event.
      Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

When is the official registration deadline? I apologize if it’s already been posted in another thread, I just haven’t seen it yet. This event looks like it will be a blast!

Thanks guys!
        [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Your Obedient Servant[/FONT],
        [B]Daniel L. Gray[/B]
        [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Lil' Bastid's Mess[/SIZE][/FONT]

Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Here we go again...
          Take it easy fellas.
          Sean Harla

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel G. View Post
            When is the official registration deadline? I apologize if it’s already been posted in another thread, I just haven’t seen it yet. This event looks like it will be a blast!

Thanks guys!
            Registration opened on 16 August. We plan on closing it on 16 January. Six months for potential participants to commit. This gives us sixty days prior to the event to acquire necessary logistics for the numbers registered.

We will likely have to allow late registrations for a period of abut 20 days after we close the official time line because we know there a number of folks, regardless of how long we've had registration open, who for whatever reason, will not have gotten theirs out within the designated time frame.

We prefer to be inclusive and will try to make arrangements for all who communicate with me in a timely manner.
            Brian Hicks
            Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Any word on about how many people are registered already? Or do i need to just sit back and chill out. HYPE.
              Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

I, for one, am anti-list, anti-public hype.

Knowing the folks putting this together, one can trust that the event will be as advertised.

Knowing the folks raising companies in blue and grey, one can also trust that the ranks will be filled with hardy men.

Knowing that a good many of the folks interested in attending have honed their skills at Fighting Withdrawal, BGR, IPW, and Bummers, one can trust that this is not an event to be missed.
                Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

This will be my first EFUBU event, and my first total immersion event, if I'm able to make it.

Hopefully, a few guys and I out here in Salt Lake will be able to figure out our plans by this weekend and I'll have my registration out by Saturday afternoon!
                  Kenny Pavia
                  24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Well coming form me, THIS WILL CHANGE your ideals of everything that those ol boys went through. It has ruined me for the main stream side of the hobby. But you Will meet people that know way more that most books about anything and everything. One of my favorite things about this hobby, is that there is such an eclecticism in the kinds of people doing the hobby. WE have everyone for modern service men, doctors, lawyers, people that are self employed, bankers, stock brokers, college students, and so many more that I have not put down. But it is amazing to me that even though everyone has so many different backgrounds from where they come from or grew up. That we can show some honor and respect for those who have paved the way for us. You will love the event in the end, maybe we will freeze, maybe we will be wet, maybe it will be very odd weather and be hot. But we will have a great time, an walk out of the site with memories that last a life time.
                    Robert Melville

Comment

Regarding registration numbers, I thought item #3 in Mr. Hicks' original post detailing the event might lend some clarification .

3. We will not post the registration lists. Each Commander will be provided with the separate Command Rosters as registrations are received (Updated weekly… hopefully on Sunday afternoon). The Commander will also receive updated E-mail lists from the registrations. The Commanders will then be responsible for communicating directly to the men in their commands.

Cameron Stinnett
                      Last edited by Cameron; 12-09-2009, 11:20 AM.
                      Cameron Stinnett

A E K D B

Comment

Indeed, Brian is sending me a running list of Registration #'s. I in turn am putting boot to A$$ to the commanders to rally their men. All Leaders on the Federal Side are doing a superb job of rallying men into 1 of the 3 companies. Things are looking great and i would encourage those to get their registrations into Brian ASAP.

Cheers,
                        [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
                        [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

I would wish to apologize. for not reading that post carefully enough to realize that.
                          Robert Melville

Comment

Brian, could you tell me if you have received my money order yet. It has been about 4 weeks and I haven't gotten any word on it. Thanks Robert
                            Robert Melville

Comment

Working...
                            X