Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention AoT Veterans- Jine Up ! Co. A 57th Ga.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention AoT Veterans- Jine Up ! Co. A 57th Ga.

Men of the Army of Tennessee, with our forces widely scattered aross this land, General Johnston has resumed command, to assemble the army en masse ! Put forth your efforts and join up with us, Company A 57th Georgia, and help stem the tide of blue, washing over the shores of the Carolinas.

I have the great honor as serving as Orderly Sgt. for the company, being commanded by the good Capt. Kiev Thomason. The company is filling up quickly, and again as stated the numbers of participants are not being released, for realism pruposes. So this is not an event to wait on! As previously stated the original 57th was pretty well whittled down by this point, which means there are not going to be very many available slots. So if you think you've got the mettle for a physically and mentally demanding event like Backwaters 1865, then....

JOIN UP IN COMPANY A. 57TH GEORGIA
    Eric N. Harley-Brown
    Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Re: Attention AoT Veterans- Jine Up ! Co. A 57th Ga.

I had four ancestors in the 57th, all named Hobbs. Second Lieutenant Washington Hobbs fell at Baker's Creek (Champion's Hill). He was my grandmother Lanier's uncle. Private Berry Hobbs fell ill during the siege of Vicksburg and died at Point Clear Hospital (Mobile, AL). Second Sergeant John Hobbs fell at Jonesborough. David Hobbs survived the war but was wounded disabled.
    Chaplain, Camp #171, SCV, CWPT, MOS&B

"The past is not really dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Comment

I had a blast at bummers under Kiev. I cant wait till we step off in the cold of march. I sent my registration in 2 weeks ago for Co A.
      Last edited by robert-m; 12-04-2009, 10:15 PM.
      Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

Does anyone know the man cap for Co A? I have a few guys that would like to go. And I don't want them to send everything in if the cap has already been met.
        Robert
        Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

Just sent my registration in. I can't wait! I'll probably hit up a refresher course on the 57th about early to mid February just to get it right.
          Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
          WIG/GVB
          In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Originally posted by robert-m View Post
            Does anyone know the man cap for Co A? I have a few guys that would like to go. And I don't want them to send everything in if the cap has already been met.
            Robert

Robert, tell them to go ahead and send in their registrations and fees, they won't be left out. Unit caps ( as far as I've heard are not being released, at the moment) There are but a limited few left for our company, so tell them not to delay, or anyone else for that fact.

Thanks for the interest gentlemen, I'm very much looking forward to this event as well.It looks as if we will be fielding a top notch company. More information will be coming in the future.
            Take care,
            Last edited by Mtn.Guerilla; 12-07-2009, 01:50 PM.
            Eric N. Harley-Brown

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Gentlemen, just a friendly reminder. If anyone wishes to join us in Co. A. , you need to go ahead and send in your registrations, immediately. I've been contacted by several folks lately who are joining up, so there are only a few slots left.Please feel free to conatct me with any concerns.

Cheers,
              Eric N. Harley-Brown

Comment

Gentlemen,
                No companies have reached their cap yet so there is still plenty of room. Get those registrations in soon as registration closes on January 20th.
                [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

David Hobbs,

Your ancestor's cartridge box is in the Texas Civil War Museum if you didn't know this already. I can get photos if you'd like. I am a docent/volunteer there.

Joe Walker

Comment

Sorry- I meant David Lanier. Hobbs was your ancestor(s).

Joe Walker

Comment

Join up now under Master Thomason. He has led us through such places as Resaca and Bummers. It is now time to follow him to the Backwaters to stop the yankee invaders.

We would like to see all members planning on falling in with this company register by the first of the year. Please send them in now.
                      Jordan Roberts

Widow Makers Mess
                      Red Clay Volunteers

Comment

Kiev, Brian-

Just sent my registration in today for the 57th GA. I'll be seeing ya'll in March! Look forward to wearing my native grey. ;)

All the best- Johnny Lloyd:wink_smil
                        Johnny Lloyd
                        John "Johnny" Lloyd
                        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                        SCAR
                        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Bully of a job boys ! That's the sprirt.
                          Cheers,
                          Eric N. Harley-Brown

Comment

It'll be good having you with us, Johnny! I'll have you a cigar!
                            Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
                            WIG/GVB
                            In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Christmas is coming. I know many of you get money. There is no excuse not to sign up in the next week
                              Jordan Roberts

Widow Makers Mess
                              Red Clay Volunteers

Comment

Working...
                              X