Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making rounds

Just one question-

When making the blank rounds, is it preferable to put some sort of wadding in, like cotton balls or toilet paper, etc., to simulate an actual bullet in order to have a round that is the same length as a live round or is that considered unsafe and is it expected that our blank rounds not have anything in them besides powder thus making them really small?
    Kenny Pavia
    24th Missouri Infantry

Re: Making rounds

Engagements should be at realistic ranges, therefore there should be limited encounters were opposing sides fire at each other at 'danger close'.

Regarding the use of a cotton ball or a wadding of toilet paper in the making of your blank rounds. This is a rather comon practice for many who will be participating in this event.
    Brian Hicks
    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

How many rounds are recommended?
      Mark Taylor

Comment

Your Senior Commander should be making that call.

As I understand it, the standard issue was 40 rounds, and some times an additional 20 to go in the knapsack.

March 1865 was a hard time for the Army of Tennessee.
        Brian Hicks
        Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

In my Enfield rounds I use cotton balls. Because of the construction of the tube you have to have something at the base of it to simulate the projectile due to the round it's self having a duel tube system. The main tube with the projectile " cotton ball for simulation " and the inner tube for the powder charge. Hope this helps.

Robert
          Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

Working...
          X