Denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denial

Being a realist fellow I can spot a dead horse when I see it and the Confederate States of America, while noble in vision, is a dead horse. With an eye to the future I state in all truth that neither me or any of my men were in the Backwaters region this past week-end. We were in East Tennessee passing out food packages to the good Union widows and orphans of that area. That is my story and I will swear to it if need be.
    Captain Tom Smyth
    Yadkin Independent Scouts
    Tom Yearby
    Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Re: Denial

Yeah, well: who made them widows and who made them orphans in the first place?
    David Fox

Comment

Well, it wasn't Capt. Smyth. I have made his acquaintance in times past and know him to be a man of honor and fairness. I will vouch for him that he was nowhere near the woods of the Backwaters region and should be allowed to continue his charitable work unmolested.

Lt. M. Comer
      Acting Cmdr, Co. A 57th Ga Inf.
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

This is Linda posting for Hank who isn't home yet. He'll post more of an AAR tomorrow after he gets home.

Since this is the denial thread he just wanted to say, "I did not have sex with that woman." -- Private James Preble 12th NY Cavalry Co. K
        Linda Trent
        [email]linda_trent@att.net[/email]

“It ain’t what you know that gets you into trouble.
        It’s what you know that just ain’t so.” Mark Twain.

Comment

I have communication from my Aunt Esther Pauline that she received 20 pounds of great hominey and a small portion of bacon from a group of charitable men whose identities were unknown to her. She lives less than three miles from the copper smelter on the Ocoee, and is strong in her support of the Union. She is 92 years of age and was widowed during the 1812 War. She is living on land granted to her father after the Revolution. Her word is above question as she is a Baptist and a schoolteacher. She notes that all the men were good lookin' and strong, and she wishes they had stayed longer.
          Terre Hood Biederman
          Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
          Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Working...
          X