Before the Breakout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the Breakout

We have finally come up with an official name for this event, Before the Breakout. Given the time frame we are portraying this name fits very well. Planning efforts continue to push forward. A website should be posted soon.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
    [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Re: Before the Breakout

Perfect!!!!!!....It will be my first event back after the baby arrives...So I will be ready to Breakout!!!:D
    [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
    ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

this event is right down the road from my house. i actually live in calhoun. its about 20 miles east of the possible site. my question is the before the breakout, sort of centered around the armurchee creek skirmish or the siege of rome ga? i am very interested in this event.
      Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

Any more news on the event and site?
        Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

We have secured the site and are still working on the research. We hope to have a website up soon. To be honest we are still recovering from Bummers but should have more information very soon.
          [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
          [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
          [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by trippcor View Post
            We have secured the site and are still working on the research. We hope to have a website up soon. To be honest we are still recovering from Bummers but should have more information very soon.
            Still recovering from Bummers? My God, man, it's Thanksgiving!

I ready to hit those Georgia rocks again. Bring it!
            Bob Muehleisen
            Furious Five
            Cin, O.

Comment

It is all good, I was only wondering. Because I live 20 minutes from there. So if there is anything that I might can help you with let me know. Although there was a lot of info and documents that were lost. "" "" We shall never really know what happened to them.
              I am sure that my neck of the state does not have as many rocks. However we do have more of the hills up here.
              Robert
              Robert Melville

Comment

What he said:
                "I am sure that my neck of the state does not have as many rocks. However we do have more of the hills up here.
                Robert "

I am also twenty minutes to a half hour from this site and up here in the foothills of NW Georgia the ground is not anywhere near as rocky and loose as the Bummers area but as Robert said we have an abundance of hills and woodlands. Alot of intersting history in this part of Jawja too. Especially for anyone who happens to be interested in Cherokee history. Its basically Cherokee central up here . For devotees of NB Forrest there is much to recommend the Rome area as well.
                Just thought I would throw that out there.
                Patrick McAllister
                Saddlebum

"Bíonn grásta Dé idir an diallait agus an talamh

Comment

Patrick:

One of my messmates, Tim Santellanes, portrays an Indian at events from Rogers' Rangers to a Creek farm hand at Bummers '09. Do you have any research regarding Georgia Cherokees from the NW Georgia area still around involved in the war? I know about the Removal, Tarheel CS Indian troops, and of course those in Watie's Brigade and others in the Territories. I am also aware of the holdouts. Do you have a local source? Tim is retiring from the US Army Rangers next month and will have more time for dress up.

Dave Stieghan
                  David Stieghan
                  aka, DBAR1918

US Army Infantry Branch Historian,
                  Fort Benning, Georgia

Former Regular Army Field Artillery Caption, Disabled
                  Costumed Interpreter since 1973

Comment

Hey David,
                    Rome ,Ga has several sources for info on that if you give me a few days I will see what I can come up with on the subject. I have no doubt there were a number who fought but I will have to dig a little to find out for sure if anything is documented. Many of mixed blood from the area were not removed and some were, in fact, large land holders and slave owners that would have a "dog in the hunt" or at least one would think so . Several of those plantation homes still stand. There is the Rome library which is full of great local info and has a outstanding local newspaper archive from the period. There is the Chieftens Museum which is probably the first place to look for all things Cherokee and The Rome area History Museum. Some very high ups in the nation were from the area .
                    I will be happy to take a closer look into it for you.
                    Last edited by Outrider; 11-28-2009, 05:05 PM.
                    Patrick McAllister
                    Saddlebum

"Bíonn grásta Dé idir an diallait agus an talamh

Comment

Well I live 2 minutes a way from New Echota, The capital of the Cherokee. I have walk the grounds many times. as well as the Resaca site, and well all the areas history spots really. As I stated there was a lot of history lost after the war and more so after the turn of the century. It saddens me greatly.
                      Robert Melville

Comment

A north Georgia event sounds great, just a short drive from Huntsville, Alabama! Hope to attend another great Outpost event. Don't mind the hills just hope the rocks were left at Bummers!:D

Michael Mumaugh
                        51st Alabama Inf
                        I.R.
                        Michael Mumaugh
                        Interpretive Ranger Mansfield SHS
                        Independent Rifles

"Fall of the Rebellion"
                        Outpost III
                        Pickett's Mill
                        Bummers

"Desertion of Alabama troops in the Civil War was a manifestation of sectionalism in the state, due largely to the prevalence of poverty"-Bessie Martin

Comment

Check out the Vann House Dave. It has some awesome architectural features :) but also several accounts of family genealogies that are annotated by short stories ;).

Good Luck,
                          David Norton

Comment

Any possibility of a period photographer being around to strike some images?

Looking forward to this one. Thanks!
                            Regards,
                            Eliot Toscano
                            Independent Brute
                            Putting on no style...

"Six children from the local village appeared wearing [U][B]fallacious accoutrements & reprehensible baggage [/B][/U]and thought they would put a sham battle on for our amusement. We laughed so hard at their imitation of soldiers that our sides were hurting for hours."
                            A.R. Crawford in the 76th Illinois Infantry, Co D - April 1863 - The origin of FARB

Comment

I was wondering the same thing to be honest. Does anyone know? Maybe Bob or Windell? I know for one I am growing a beard and have been for the past 5 months and am going to bare through the hot miserable task until the event and would like to have a nice image to remember it for years to come bc this thing is definetly coming off after the event!

~Phillip McClure
                              [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]~Phillip McClure~[/COLOR][/SIZE]
                              [SIZE="2"]WIG/GVB[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"] Battle Of Resaca, Ga; May 20-22
                              150th 1st Mannassas; July 21-24
                              Pickett's Mill Candle Light Tour; November 4-5[/COLOR][/SIZE]

"Our youth will learn from Northern school books their version of the war; will be impressed by influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and maimed veterans as fit objects for derision...."

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]-- Patrick R. Cleburne, Major General[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8Vqp4X7fCVIuNM:http://www.iowaflags.org/gallery/assets/conf_45th_alabama.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X