Eastern Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Company

Gentlemen of the East. Josh Mason of the CVG and myself(Columbia Rifles) have decided to pool our resources and raise a company of Eastern boys to represent Company E, 8th Kansas. At Bummer's, we were scattered every which way. This time, come along with us. West is NOT best. If you want to help us prove it, this is the place for you. Also, we will be active in organizing carpools and such to make the trip cost effective for all of us. Thanks. Bill Birney, twbirney@aol.com
    William Birney
    Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
    Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Re: Eastern Company

You know you can count me in! Should be a blast just carpooling again!!
    Last edited by ktulu983; 01-23-2010, 05:46 PM. Reason: I didnt like the first
    Bob Martin
    Company A "Chesapeake Rifles"
    Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
    sigpic

Comment

Bob. I saw your original post in my email notification. Generally, I don't spoon with guys between May and October. The carpool, though, should be fun. If we get our 'Bummers' carpool together for this one, that's one third of our Outpost company. I've got a few boys from the Potomac Legion. With your Chesapeake Volunteer Gangsters, we'll have an awesome group. And I will NOT be wearing stripes or bars if I can help it.
      William Birney
      Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."

Comment

well what do you call what we were doing in that shebang during AonA, right before they called it quits?? you know I think pete beruzek and eric tipton where in our tunnel of love too!
        Bob Martin
        Company A "Chesapeake Rifles"
        Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
        sigpic

Comment

Bob. We can call ourselves the 'Love Tunnel' company, a fitting addition to your enacting resume which already includes service as a 'G-spot'. Anyway. Get registered. Mine goes in once the bills are caught up next month. See ya there.
          William Birney
          Columbia Rifles

Comment

I'll be sending in my Registration this weekend. You should have two of us New Yorkers in the ranks of the Eastern Company. This will be my first AC event and I'm extremely excited. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Best Regards,

Matthew Avellino
            [B][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"]Matthew Avellino[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Monsieur Avellino. Welcome aboard. Sounds like you'll be registered before any of the rest of us. You'll hear from us in the coming months. Right now, I'm busy with organizing a battalion for another event and waiting for my first child(due yesterday and like his father a procrastinator). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks. Bill B. twbirney@aol.com
              William Birney
              Columbia Rifles

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like me and my Pard Bob Hutton will be the first Registered Volunteers for the Eastern Company lol. Congrats in advance on the new baby! I wish you and your family the best.

-Matt

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Matt67thNY View Post
                  You should have two of us New Yorkers in the ranks of the Eastern Company. This will be my first AC event and I'm extremely excited. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Best Regards,

Matthew Avellino
                  Matt, I won't be with the Eastern Company, but there are some great guys in that bunch. I will be at that event as well and look forward to meeting you. I am originally from the Biltmore Shores section of Massapequa by the way. Take care.
                  [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                  ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Pete, that's a nice area! Don't you miss All-American Burger on Merrick road lol?? I'm from North Massapequa, kinda on the border of Farmingdale. Looking forward to meeting you.

-Matt

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by ktulu983 View Post
                      well what do you call what we were doing in that shebang during AonA, right before they called it quits?? you know I think pete beruzek and eric tipton where in our tunnel of love too!
                      Yes, I was there... It was quite a pile of indigo dyed wool in that contraption.

On a serious note, there are still 30 days to register for Before The Breakout and it would be a grand showing to have a company from the mid-atlantic states running about and causing mischief.
                      Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

I look forward to seeing all of you crazy eastern fellas! Come on down!!! :)
                        [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                        ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

We're plugging away. It's a slow year, but me thinks we'll have a good representation of the east. I'd also like to invite any of my 93rd Illinois brothers to tag along. Yeah, yeah, I know. You're not eastern boys, but you all kick ass! So if you're coming, feel free to join us.
                          William Birney
                          Columbia Rifles

Comment

Bill,

Don't worry, some of us are indeed coming, its just too bad there is nothing to burn this time. If it wasn't the aftermath of Chickamauga I would make a rude comment about us westerners showing you easterners how to win once in a while! I hope I don't have to watch you run from a sesesch woman with a rolling pin again, but this is in Georgia. Its my only event of the year, can't wait!
                            Jake Koch
                            The Debonair Society of Coffee Coolers, Brewers, and Debaters
                            https://coffeecoolersmess.weebly.com/

-Pvt. Max Doermann, 3x Great Uncle, Co. E, 66th New York Infantry. Died at Andersonville, Dec. 22, 1864.
                            -Pvt. David Rousch, 4x Great Uncle, Co. A, 107th Ohio Infantry. Wounded and Captured at Gettysburg. Died at Andersonville, June 5, 1864.
                            -Pvt. Carl Sievert, 3x Great Uncle, Co. H, 7th New York Infantry (Steuben Guard). Mortally Wounded at Malvern Hill.

Comment

Bill,

Wish I had the time free to join you. I'll be wrapping up a project for work that weekend - DARN!!!

Shoot me an email when you get a chance!

Good luck. Sign up, boys!

Will
                              Will Eichler

Member, Company of Military Historians
                              Saginaw City Light Infantry
                              Hubbard Winsor Lodge #420
                              Stony Creek Lodge #5

Civil War Digital Digest
                              http://civilwardigitaldigest.com/

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
                              www.historicfortwaynecoalition.com

Comment