Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carter & Jasper to be Period Sutler for the event!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter & Jasper to be Period Sutler for the event!!

I am excited to announce that we will have Carter & Jasper Mercantile owned and operated by Joe Blunt at Before the Breakout as a period Sutler. Joe will be traveling between the lines and camps with a period sutlers cart selling various period wares and goodies to help increase everyone’s experience during the event. He will be set up near registration prior to event kickoff where he will be happy to exchange modern currency for period script. We will be using a 10:1 ratio.

This script may be used not only for buying from the sutler but also for more nefarious activities. As we have posted there are period accounts of gambling and such going on with the ranks and between the lines.

In addition to exchanging period script, Joe will be setup in the registration area selling his normal range of wares, clothing, and what not. If you have a last minute item you need for your impression this will be a great chance to pick it up. You might want to contact Joe before the event to make sure he will have what you need with him.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
    [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Re: Carter & Jasper to be Period Sutler for the event!!

Joes email-
    carterandjasper@yahoo.com
    [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
    [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

“They have established about a half mile in front of our line a place called Hells Half Acre where there about 300 to 500 congregate every day. It is a curious place, so I am told. All kinds of games are played here that one ever heard of. An auction in full blast where you can buy a watch or and old worn out pair of shoes-the place cant be described.” - One of Cleburnes Command Captain Samual T. Foster
      It should be quite the time. I am really excited about this event! I hope Joe will have Pies :)
      [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
      ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

To hell with buying, that skinner has been jipping my men for months, the next time we see him, we're burning that cart and taking his plunder!
        Patrick Landrum
        Independent Rifles

Comment

Landrum,
          I see a mean gorilla fight.
          In seriousness, Carter and Jasper will be set up at the registration to sell normal wares and exchange currency for chits. These will all be able to be exchanged back at the end of the event. Though portraying a skinner....won't really scam the lads.
          Items that will be brought into camps will be smaller items and food stuffs.
          If you want to conduct a care package from the grocery items, etc. from the website, please contact me at

Thanks fellows and see you in September
          Joe Blunt
          "...don't rush the judgement, until all the facts are in."

Comment

You know, after several years of friendship as well as exchanging jabs and the occasional fistycuff, dust up, or ape fight I can say at Backwaters when I saw you I was almost PRAYING you were dragging a sutler cart behind you. Stocked full of tobacco, a dry shirt, and a hot cup of coffee.

In all honesty, what a great addition to this event! Joe made Stones River worth the drive from South Mississippi back in 2008 and I'm looking forward to seeing him passing through the lines at Before the Breakout.
            Patrick Landrum
            Independent Rifles

Comment

Aw shucks Pat....you're gonna make me cry.
              Cheers,
              Joe Blunt

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebucket View Post
                Landrum,
                IItems that will be brought into camps will be smaller items and food stuffs.
                If you want to conduct a care package from the grocery items, etc. from the website, please contact me at

Thanks fellows and see you in September
                Joe Blunt

Joe, Friday night at the event will be my Birthday and I might not be able to partake in pie and ice cream...but??? By chance will you have any spirits....Ugg Umm... for medicinal purposes only of course? :tounge_sm
                The Officers won't mind. Trust me!! LOL
                [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Wizard Oil might make a showing....but may be needed to get me between the lines...or start fires.
                  Joe Blunt

Comment

Working...
                  X