Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 4 days till Kick Off

Gentlemen,
    We have only four days till the start of Before the Breakout. I hope everyone is excited and looking forward to the event. Herb, Jim and I were at the event site this weekend going over last minute details and site preparation. Everything is set to go. A few notes I wanted pass along as everyone makes their last minute preparations and begins packing.
    1. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. It is still hot here in Georgia.
    2. Make sure to read the historical information we posted about the event to get in the right mind set for this event. It is not your standard picket post event. During the period we are portraying the men on both sides are pretty unhappy with the way things are going and wondering why they are there. As a result military discipline relaxes a bit.
    3. Make sure you buy some "Blunt Bucks" for use during the event. There will be chances to supplement your rations, buy some goodies, and have some non-military fun. Heck if you are lucky you might event make some money at this event and be able to cover your gas to get home.
    4. Make sure you eat or pick something up before you arrive onsite. The is not much near the site exept a small gas station and store. We will issue rations to the companies Friday night but it will be late.
    5. If you have not already registered don't show up on site and expect to get into the event. We will not be excepting replacements, new registrations or sob stories about why you did not register when you were suppose too.
    6. Everyone needs to be on site by 9 pm if at all possible. If you will be later make sure to let your company commander know. He will inform the event staff to make arrangements to get you in late.
    7. This should go without saying but I will say it any way make sure your musket is clean and in proper working order. Also make sure you have at least 20 rounds. We will be using rammers.
    8. When you check in for the event you need to have at least your basic kit on. We will perform a basic inspection to make sure all participants meet the minimum guidelines for the event. Company Commander will perform a more through inspection in the marshalling areas. Please don't embarrass yourself or your company by showing up with things like modern eye glasses, shoes, floppy hats or something not up to par. We don't want to tell anyone they cannot participate because of something that is easily addressed before you even make it to the site.

Well that is all I can think of for now. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the event. If you have any questions please let me know. Have a safe journey. I will see you all on Friday.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
    [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Re: Only 4 days till Kick Off

OK, please explain to this Yankee what "blunt bucks" are.
    Bob Muehleisen
    Furious Five
    Cin, O.

Comment

Bob check out this thread for more info on "Blunt Bucks". They will be the curracy for the event.
      http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...-for-the-event!!
      [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
      [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
      [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

One slight modification for the Federals:

6. Everyone needs to be on site by 6 pm if at all possible. If you will be later make sure to let your company commander know. He will inform the event staff to make arrangements to get you in late. We are planning to shuttle guys out to our area. Be in the Reserve HQ area by 7 pm as we will issue rations then. The Guard will be deployed at 7:30-8 pm before dark. Please bring some tools as well (hatchets, axees, shovels).

Thanks,
        Jim Butler
        Jim Butler

Comment

Also, if possible, fill your canteens with water before you get there, See you all there! Looking forward to it!!!
          I have a couple of hatchets, shovel and pick/hoe. Hopefully a pack mule to carry it all....Damn! Melville is CS isn't he? ;)
          [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
          ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by PetePaolillo View Post
            Also, if possible, fill your canteens with water before you get there, See you all there! Looking forward to it!!!
            I have a couple of hatchets, shovel and pick/hoe. Hopefully a pack mule to carry it all....Damn! Melville is CS isn't he? ;)
            Darn! Not sure, but I think all of Co. D's ("Easterners") pioneer equipage was lost a few weeks ago as we skedaddled back from the River of Blood.
            Charles Kibler
            Co. A, Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            [I]"I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."[/I]
            Robert E. Lee

Comment

Yes, Sorry Double P. I am doing CS. you'll have to find another guy to be your pack mule.
              Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

Working...
              X