Event Cancellation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Cancellation

Well folks, at this time, and after about 10 months of postings and recruiting, I have 6 people registered for this event - 3 from Arkansas and 3 from Colorado. I'm not going to have these guys invest their time and money to come all that way and be the only ones here. I don't foresee a flood of registrations over the next week or so and think it might be best to go ahead an pull the plug on this one.

There is evidently not enough interest in the event and it looks like it's not going to happen. I'm sorry for that but that's the way it goes sometimes I suppose.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Re: Event Cancellation

Experiencing the tocsins of war, and transition from civilian to military life, seems like an interesting enough thing. To me it's an opportunity to experience the culmination of six years of border wars and invasion by the northern tyrants (of which I am actually one). I would expect a great degree of emotion, patriotism, dedication to the cause, anger, vengence, oaths of retribution, political demands, name calling, &c, &c, &c all in one event. You're pledging your life to the overthrow of an oppressive government that has raised an army against its own citizens. That's different than the battle scenarios and camp life I've taken part in, and was hoping to blend it into my historical perspective. If you're like me, and never had an enlistment experience, then you should sign up.

Let's send in that flood of registrations. 50 - 75 should be enough for a great event!
    Ray White

Comment

Working...
    X