Events in the Southeast from now till Dec 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events in the Southeast from now till Dec 18th

Hi All....I'm bak in Atlanta,GA working on a project till Dec 21, I am looking for living history events within a 6 hr or so radius of Atlanta to do while I am here. I have campaigner impressions for both Federal and Confederate and have many free weekends. I'm up for any type of event, be it weekend Living History at Chicakamauga Battlefield or Kennessaw or in TN or AL or wherever.
    If anyone has any info an activities, I'm ready to go. You can email me at mboyd05@attglobal.net
    or contact me thru this site. Thank you, Mike
    Michael T. Boyd
    4th Texas Infantry
    Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
    (Great Great Grandson of Thomas Howey,
    38th Illinois Volunteer Infantry 1861-1865,
    Survivor of Cahaba Prison,AL 1865)
    Company of Military Historians

Re: Events in the Southeast from now till Dec 18th

Contact the Armory Guards. They have programs set up at Picketts Mill and the Atlanta Living history center, as well as filming for Look out Mtn portion of the NPS Chicamauga film. This is there web site: www.armoryguards.org/
    Brian Hicks
    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Re: Events in the Southeast from now till Dec 18th

As Brian mentioned, the filming for the Lookout Mtn. and Missionary Ridge portion of the Chickamauga NPS film is taking place on the second weekend of December. Not a living history event by any means, but it is a way to pick up some spare change on a weekend and spend some time with some folks. Contact Lee White at lwhite1864@gmail.com soon if you wish to go because they are trying to get their casting in order.

I believe there is an event at Carnton during the first part of November. Contact Pat Landrum at westernpicket63@yahoo.com for more information.

HTH,
      Last edited by dixieflyer; 10-28-2011, 06:55 PM. Reason: operator headspace and timing
      Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
      Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
      Former Mudsill
      Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Working...
      X