X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 150th Firing on Fort Sumter

Originally posted by Clsinclair View Post
    and we do have members that do EBUFU-Campaigner events with myself being included.

Claude Sinclair
    Claude you and some individuals may support EBUFU, but why doesn't your unit as a whole support any of them. Your 2010 schedule looks pretty empty of any quality CPH events for 2010
    [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
    ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Greg,

I’m truly sorry that you feel disrespected. I was there when Claude invited you and the Tramp Brigade to participate. I heard you say once that you ‘born to lead the 150th sesquicentennial events.’ Unfortunately, this event is not about you or the future of the c/p/h hobby.

In person, you are a super nice guy and very likeable. Online, your mouth gets bigger than your head. What is your intent in posting something like this?

With kind regards I remain,
      Bruce Blackmon
      Palmetto Battalion

Comment

Gentlemen,

Let's try to keep this thread on target and not let it turn into a mud slinging contest. If it does, it will have to be closed down. You may argue all you want offline or via PM's but this is not the place for it.
        Last edited by Michael Comer; 04-14-2010, 04:35 PM.
        Michael Comer
        one of the moderator guys

Comment

Originally posted by huntdaw View Post
          Gentlemen,

Let's try to keep this thread on target and not let it turn into a mud slinging contest. If it does, it will have to be closed down. You may argue all you want offline or via PM's but this is not the place for it.
          It should be closed and deleted anyways as it doe snot meet the posted AC Adjunct Guidelines.

Thanks,
          Jim Butler
          Jim Butler

Comment

Jim,

Interesting point but It's been here since last September with nobody getting too upset with it. I have put it up for discussion with the powers that be whether it lives or dies. A little while longer won't hurt anybody but it will be closed if it turns into a fracas.
            Michael Comer
            one of the moderator guys

Comment

Originally posted by PetePaolillo View Post
              Claude you and some individuals may support EBUFU, but why doesn't your unit as a whole support any of them. Your 2010 schedule looks pretty empty of any quality CPH events for 2010
              Pete,

Your question has nothing to do with what we are doing. I was selected to be the events coordinator over the 150th's in Charleston and I made sure that every group was invited to participate. My goal was to have an authentic LH inside of Fort Moultrie and inside of Fort Sumter. I asked Silas Tackett to head up the Fort Sumter LH and he accepted. If this isn't an event by you for you then you need to redefine what is. This is becoming a US-VS-Them and I surely wasn't the one that started it. Our battalion has over 400 members and as a whole we will never support EUBFU events just the all the authentic s will never support mainstream events. However we do have many members that do support EUBFU events. The 150th's in Charleston will be too big to limit any one group but by the way we are doing it you are being given the prime opportunity to participate and to be to yourselves. Perhaps I have made a mistake by trying to accomplish this. I could have easily filled the prime spots by not having any standards but I did not do this. You can choose to take advantage of this or continue to criticize my efforts. All the available spots will be filled with or without your support.
              Claude Sinclair
              Palmetto Battalion

Comment

Our battalion has over 400 members and as a whole we will never support EUBFU events
                Hence the reason for my post, it was not personal towards you or your members that may support the CPH hobby.
                [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Gentlemen, I am looking for a 125 man militia unit to do an authentic impression from April 8th to April 17th 2011 outside of Fort Moultrie. There will be a 70 person EBUFU unit inside the fort. I am the reenactor coordinator for the 150th Firing on Fort Sumter and I have been given permission to have three 125 men militia units outside of Fort Moultrie, a 70 man unit inside of Fort Moultrie and 50 for inside of Fort Sumter. Silas Tacket is in charge of those inside of Fort Sumter. Those inside of Fort Moultrie will portray a unit that was there and the requirements are a Dark Gray Cassimere Frock Coat with SC buttons with matching trousers. A M 42 Springfield or 1816 Conversion. A complete list of guidelines will be posted later.

I need a leader to take command and to raise one of the 125 person militia units outside the fort and there may be opportunities for some inside the fort . The week will be divided to the 8th to 12th and 12th to the 17th. And everyone will have the opportunity to stay the 10 days. This is not a reenactment but a Living History. The week will consist of drill, marching, more drill, and demonstrations for the public. There will be some artillery pieces on the beach and at Fort Johnson and the actually firing will start around 4 AM on April 12th. We do have a web page but noting has been added to it. Information will be posted later. Personally I have participated at the P.L.H.A. Fort Moultrie 4 day LH during the Hunley Funeral, Rich Mountain, Re-Opp of Fort Sumter, and a yearly LH at Fort Sumter around April 12th. I may not be able to get three units because there will be standards and camping standards will be high. Common tents will be the norm for the enlisted men and Wall tent for the Staff Officers are acceptable and was being issued.

I can be contacted at clsinclair@comporium.net if anyone is interested.

Claude Sinclair

150th Firing on Fort Sumter
                  Reenactor Coordinator
                  I had to go back and see what all the fuss is about. The Palmetto Battalion is not hosting nor sponsoring this event. Many members are helping with this event.
                  Claude Sinclair
                  Palmetto Battalion

Comment

First of all lets get some facts straight Bruce. At no point did I ever say "I was born to lead the 150th". I don't know who you heard that garbage from, but the people who know me are well aware that's not true. It's a straight out lie and smear.

On two occasions I approached Claude and staff about supporting the Firing On Fort Sumter and the Federal role. Once was at Brattonsville last October, I traveled up to the event to meet you in person and extend our support. None of my emails were returned. I also approached you at the"Battle of Columbia" in 2009. I got off work at Fort Jackson drove over to speak with you for 5 minutes, but you were too busy with a Civil War Wedding. Then we were purposely left out of the NPS meeting last summer in Charleston, but we were told about the meeting afterward. So there has been no outreach, response or communication. Just the deafening sound of silence. Even from my own state government officials. Hint Hint.

Now I am on the AC focus group; asked a question about the time frame on when we should submit events to the Ebufu calendar. I didn't even mention the April event. Silas then responds "Greg was left out of the loop." I was also accused of trying to prevent the event advertisement on this forum, another mistake, but it told me a lot. Funny that I would publicly try to support an event and destroy it at the same time.

If anyone else has any doubts, move to SC and try to start a campaigner organization. Ask Claude and Bruce about specifics of the event, don't focus on my issues, heck you're the one spending money and a week to attend this. Just hope your not disappointed.
                    Last edited by SCTiger; 04-14-2010, 06:23 PM. Reason: po'd
                    Gregory Deese
                    Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
                    "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Hallo!

I am temporarily suspending this thread as a possible violation of the AC policy for posting adjunct events while it is being discussed in Modland.

At the moment, it is generating report complaints on several levels.

Curt
                      Curt Schmidt
                      In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
                      -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
                      -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
                      -Vastly Ignorant
                      -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
                      X