TPEB Registration Opens 8 February 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPEB Registration Opens 8 February 2010

Registration for “To Prevent the Effusion of Blood” will be opening on 8 February 2010 and will close on 8 November 2010. We are currently negotiating costs for ferry tickets for our participants and once that detail is resolved we will publish the registration fee. Our estimate is the registration fee will be between $30 and $35. Only paid registrations will be accepted and we will offer PayPal as well as mail-in options for payment.

Due to space and support limitations at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie we are going to have the following caps for Participants

61 – Officers and Soldiers of the 1st U.S. Artillery at Fort Sumter
    8 – Male Civilian Laborers at Fort Sumter
    8 – Women and Children of the Federal Garrison at Fort Sumter
    30 – Officers and Soldiers of Calhoun’s Company of the S.C. Artillery Battalion At Fort Moultrie
    13 – Civilian Visitors at Fort Moultrie

Please look for updates on http://topreventtheeffusionofblood.com/ during the coming the weeks…
    Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Re: TPEB Registration Opens 8 February 2010

Pete,

Thanks for the update. Good website with informative links a well. I'll be in Charleston Harbor next Janurary, but you already knew that.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Yeppers, I'll be there for this event... I might be bringing along a German friend of mine that is a Civil War reenactor. He has off that weekend from Christmas break.

All the best- Johnny Lloyd:wink_smil
      Johnny Lloyd
      John "Johnny" Lloyd
      Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
      SCAR
      Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
      Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
      Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
      Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

The male laborers will probably fill up quickly as will the Citizen roles. This will be the first event for the 61 "war year" and a good chance to start off the series. Lots of choice roles to fill and a rare opportunity to portray Federal Heavy Artillery.

The participants at Fort Moultrie will be part of a Provincial SC Army that will grow to become part of the Confederate Army. It will be a raw and uncertain beginning. Men with no experience as Soldiers will answer the call.
        Gregory Deese
        Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
        "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement and support. We hope to recreate this historical moment and provide both ourselves and the public a glimpse of the events in Charleston Harbor during December of 1860 and January of 1861.
          Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

I'll echo Herb.
            Andrew Grim
            The Monte Mounted Rifles, Monte Bh'oys

Burbank #406 F&AM
            x-PBC, Co-Chairman of the Most Important Committee
            Peter Lebeck #1866, The Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
            Billy Holcomb #1069, Order of Vituscan Missionaries

Comment

Too bad you haven't arranged for a Star of the West stand-in for those of us afloat:(
              [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana]Bob Dispenza[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=Navy]US Naval Landing Party ([url]www.usnlp.org)[/url][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=SeaGreen]Navy and Marine Living History Association ([url]www.navyandmarine.org)[/url][/COLOR]

"The publick give credit for feat of arms, but the courage which is required for them, cannot compare with that which is needed to bear patiently, not only the thousand annoyances but the total absence of everything that makes life pleasant and even worth living." - Lt. Percival Drayton, on naval blockade duty.

"We have drawn the Spencer Repeating Rifle. It is a 7 shooter, & a beautiful little gun. They are charged to us at $30.00. 15 of which we have to pay."
              William Clark Allen, Company K, 72nd Indiana Volunteers, May 17, 1863

Comment

Originally posted by Union Navy View Post
                Too bad you haven't arranged for a Star of the West stand-in for those of us afloat:(
                Bob,

That is in the works, as well as other waterborne activities. Those details will be published when proper coordination is completed.

If you or others of the nautical persuasion have interest in supporting and participating please feel free to contact me directly at pete.berezuk@gmail.com
                Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Working...
                X