2nd Mississippi history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Mississippi history

Gentlemen, I found a great link for info about the 2nd Miss. Enjoy!

Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Re: 2nd Mississippi history

Here is another good link as well. Click on the ROSTER button and it lists the rosters of each company - name, age and occupation (if known), discharged after Manassas due to age or other discharge, etc. Could allow for picking a persona prior to July.

Robert Orrand
    N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
    Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
    4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

Re: 2nd Mississippi history

On motion of Mr. Harris,

Resolved, That the Committee on Military and Naval Affairs be instructed to report an Ordinance to this Convention creating a Military Board, and amending the Constitution of the State in the 5th Article, so as to authorize the volunteers companies to organize into battalions, regiments and brigades, and to elect field officers.

The following communication was read:

TO THE HON. WM. S. BARRY, PRESIDENT--Sir: I have the honor to lay before the Convention of the people of the State of Mississippi, my credentials as Commissioner from the Convention of the people of the State of South Carolina, and to inform that body that I am prepared to enter immediately upon the discharge of the duties of my mission.

With high considerations, I am, sir,

Your obedient servant,

ARMISTEAD BURT.

Page 42 from Mississippi Secession Convention
      MR. PRESIDENT: The Special Committee appointed to prepare a suitable Flag and Coat of Arms for the State, report that they have had the subject under consideration, and they recommend for a suitable Flag the following:

A Flag of white ground, a Magnolia tree in the centre, a blue field in the under left-hand corner, with a white star in the centre--the Flag to be finished with a red border, and a red fringe at the extremity of the flag.

For a Coat of Arms, the Committee recommend the one accompanying the communication of the Governor to the President of this Convention, which was referred to the Committee, and is returned along with this report, except that the recumbent figure designed to represent the Father of Waters be omitted, and a cannon and plow, appropriately arranged, be substituted.

[The design of the Coat of Arms is: A magnolia, containing a nest of eagles, which arc being defended by the parent from the attack of a serpent; a bale of cotton, plow, steamboat, citizen soldier, fortifications and cannon, with motto: Istis Defensoribus.]

On motion the Convention adjourned to 3 o'clock P. M.
      Dean Burchfield
      [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]WIG [I]The Old Guard[/I][/FONT][/B]
      Cleburnes
      Hard Case Boys
      Green Bottle Mess

[I][U]PM Joseph Warren #71 F & AM [/U][/I]

Un soldat sera long et dur combat pour un peu de ruban de couleur.
      Napoléon Bonaparte
      A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Comment

Working...
      X