Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustering In, 1861 September 23-25, 2011 Harris Homestead near Monroe, Ga.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustering In, 1861 September 23-25, 2011 Harris Homestead near Monroe, Ga.

What: “Mustering In, 1861”

When: September 23-25, 2011

Where: Harris Homestead, near Monroe, Georgia (site of Return to the Ranks 2005 and Prelude to Chickamauga)

Who: Armory Guards

POC: Herb Coats - Menion687 at aol.com

The Plan: “Mustering In 1861” at the Harris Homestead in Walton County, Georgia – September 23-25, 2011: Early-war Confederate company muster, Company level drill, (early war confusion!) A-frame tents set up along the company street.

This event will have a similar feel to the “Return to the Ranks” event from 2005. The impression is Company H, 11th Georgia Infantry. The Walton Infantry.

Herb Coats, Lewis Robinson, and Jordan Roberts have the military command and Kiev Thomason has graciously accepted to head up the commissary.
    We are working out the impression guidelines, but civilian clothing, gray military frock coats, dark colored military trousers, flintlock muskets, smooth bore muskets, and “heavy” camping are all encouraged.

This is the event to “stump” for an NCO position! Fire Breathing Secessery Speachify’n is encouraged! More information will be forth coming so please stay tuned!!!!!! This looks like it will be the second Max Effort Armory Guards event of 2011. Thanks all!
    Last edited by Coatsy; 12-13-2010, 11:56 PM.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Re: Mustering In, 1861 September 23-25, 2011 Harris Homestead near Monroe, Ga.

The website for the event is now up. Registration will open soon.

Send any questions my way.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Registration will open May 25, 2011. The fee will be $20. I will be adding the registration form to the website in between now and then. Also more research regarding Company H, the Walton Infantry will be put up as well. Participants are encouraged to bring A frame tents, tent flies, (no Federal shelter halves please), mattress ticking, and "heavy camping" items.

Event Uniform and Equipment Guidelines: http://armoryguardsevents.webs.com/s...guidelines.htm

Thank you.
      Last edited by Coatsy; 04-28-2011, 08:20 PM.
      Herb Coats
      Armory Guards &
      WIG

Comment

The Palmetto Guards plan on supporting TigeFest 2K11!

Huzzah tent flys!
        Bryant Roberts
        Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
        palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

Ditto what Bryant said- PG will be there, if i can wear orange/black check trousers!
          [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
          [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Skip, they are allowed. The checked trousers, by themselves, may be voted in as an NCO.

Also, who likes bayonet drill? With targets!!!
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

Ah crap, I gotta study Bayonet commands now. LOL!
              Robert Collett
              8th FL / 13th IN
              Armory Guards
              WIG

Comment

Registraion is now open for "Mustering In, 1861". I have attached the registration form. You can also copy and paste it from the event website as well. $20 registration fee, $22 by Pay Pal. See the attached for registration form.
                Last edited by Coatsy; 05-31-2011, 02:06 PM. Reason: Add reg form
                Herb Coats
                Armory Guards &
                WIG

Comment

The Carolina Rifles will throw it's support behind this event as well. It will be a good chance for the SE organizations to meet up.
                  Gregory Deese
                  Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
                  "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

I would love to come, but the 26th is my wife's BD. Not even going there!!
                    Galen Wagner
                    Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Comment

Gents, thank you for the positive thoughts for the event. The way that Kiev describes the meal/BBQ he is planning for Saturday evening, all who sample the foodstuffs will blast off into another world. Or something like that.
                      Herb Coats
                      Armory Guards &
                      WIG

Comment

This sounds like something I'd like to be apart of...but is it strictly military?
                        what'r the guidelines as far as that
                        [B][FONT=Courier New]~Mia Marie[/FONT][/B]
                        Historical Interpreter

Comment

Mia, I sent a PM your way.
                          Herb Coats
                          Armory Guards &
                          WIG

Comment

Also, Robby Mitchell and I are "doing our homework" regarding the makeup of the population of Walton County. We hope to have some information posted soon as pre event reading for those who are attending.

Registration is open, by the way, so let's keep the forms coming in folks.

Thanks again!
                            Herb Coats
                            Armory Guards &
                            WIG

Comment

Georgians.... Georgians.... please lend me your ears.

I am going to be flying from DC to Atlanta for the event and am looking for a ride to and from the event from the Atlanta-Hartsfield Airport. I'm arriving at approximately 2:30pm on Friday September 23 and then need to be at the Airport by 3:00pm on Sunday September 25 for my return flight. If you think you can help out and keep me from being a burden on the event organizers, please drop me a line at pete.berezuk@gmail.com.

Thank You... you can have your ears back now.
                              Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Working...
                              X