Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustering In, 1861 September 23-25, 2011 Harris Homestead near Monroe, Ga.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mustering In, 1861 September 23-25, 2011 Harris Homestead near Monroe, Ga.

Just a quick thanks to the men that attending "Mustering In". The Harris Farm staff were very happy with out efforts. Many of you told Lewis, Robby, or me that you had fun and we appreciate it. All participants got into the spirit of "Day 1" of enlistment, all impressions were excellent, and the imperfections/confusions of drill was entertaining and right on target. The bayonet drill and targets were exceptional as well. I hope no one will doubt "Tige Anderson's" skill in left field/at bat at the next rounders game.

One of the staff members told us they had around 600 visitors, and that netted the site around $6000. I will post the AG and company's contribution once we tally the final numbers and expenses.

Edit: In addition to the funds raised by the visitors, the AG was able to give the site $250 from the remainder of the fees.
    Last edited by Coatsy; 02-04-2012, 09:40 AM. Reason: AG final donation.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Herb,

I think the event was a rousing success. Everybody put in a lot of effort on being first person. Everyone did a great job at providing a fantastic experience so once again thank you!
      Robert Collett
      8th FL / 13th IN
      Armory Guards
      WIG

Comment

Had a great time with some quality reenactors. Thanks to Herb Coats, Robby Mitchell and the organizers for all their hard work. Thanks to Robert Collett who put up with us new recruits in his role as Orderly. We really played up the part and he handled us very well. The game of Rounders was great as well...Go Lincoln Slayers!

Jim Butler
        Jim Butler

Comment

The Lincoln Slayers had a great mix of cagey veterans plus youthful speed. Our comeback was epic! But, remember everyone was a winner in Tiger Anderson's company.
          Herb Coats
          Armory Guards &
          WIG

Comment

Herb,

That homer you hit will become a thing of legend!
            Robert Collett
            8th FL / 13th IN
            Armory Guards
            WIG

Comment

Jim,

You are too kind as usual. I only hope to continue improving, perhaps I'll fill the role again sometime in the future. Right now I need to dig into my impression for Westville again, it's only a year away.
              Robert Collett
              8th FL / 13th IN
              Armory Guards
              WIG

Comment

Great event as usual from the Armory Guards!! Thanks to all who put in the hard work to make this event another rousing sucess.

Pards,
                Andrew Schultz

Possum Skinners Mess

Buzzards Mess

Comment

Seen on 1861 Rounders adverts:

Team Lincoln Slayer: We'll Spot You A Dozen

-Aron Price
                  The Double Play Dandies (Lincoln Slayers)
                  Aron Price
                  AG

Comment

This event was so worth it. I saw many old friends and had a great time experiencing an early war camp. We were a bunch of civilians trying to be soldiers. Just what they would have done. The seccession speeches around the camp at night were sharp too. We got into the merriment of what they would have done before they shipped off to join the war. Good times.
                    Johnny Lloyd
                    John "Johnny" Lloyd
                    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                    SCAR
                    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
                    X