Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You

The Tramp Brigade Organization and I wish to thank the participants that attended "To Prevent the Effusion of Blood" for bringing their best attitude, spirit and impressions to bring a forgotten bit of History to life this past weekend in Charleston.

TPEB was two years in the making with dozens of individuals providing inspiration, insight, and support in all forms. Without their efforts this event would not have occurred and I am grateful for each and everyone of them. I am also grateful for the new memories. Some of my highlights...

- The cold wind bringing the salt spray to my face as the boat I was on moved across Charleston Harbor in the dark of night with just a sliver of a cresent moon shining down on our destination across the water.

- A formation of two understrength companies with EVERY soldier uniformly attired in the morning sun when our nation's flag was raised over our new post.

- Speaking in low tones to the tough ladies who follow an Army and the men they love about when they and their husbands will be able to leave this post of danger for safety.

- Looking left and right along the now empty casemates with my bedroll over my shoulder before stepping out to the boat and leaving "To Prevent the Effusion of Blood" only to memory.

- Seeing my friends and comrades gathered in the morning sun outside Fort Moultrie and receiving their salute and thanks.

Comrades, Thank You again for making "To Prevent the Effusion of Blood" everything it became. My effort set a stage for your effort to bring history alive not only for ourselves but also for the public and inspire our fellow Americans to remember.
    Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Re: Thank You

Pete and Greg,

Thank you for a good experience. Only if Major Anderson had listened to me you all could have gotten off that cold island much sooner.

Respectfully,

J. Johnston Pettigrew
    Colonel - Aide-de-camp of Governor Pickens
    Claude Sinclair
    Palmetto Battalion

Comment

Re: Thank You

Thanks Claude and we look forward to helping you out in April with the 1st SC Artillery Battalion. Anyone that missed TPEB could help us out April 14-17th.
      Gregory Deese
      Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
      "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Working...
      X