Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Only 200 Yards Distance" registration is now open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Only 200 Yards Distance" registration is now open!

Hello all, The registration for "Only 200 Yards Distance", the full immersion unexpected picket post event near Blanchardville, Wisconsin October 14-16th is now open. Remember, the registration process for this event is not like most other events. In order to control quality of the event you must contact one of the company commanders to recieve your invitation. Once your accepted into their company they will forward you the registration form. On the registration form will be the address used for the paypal registration. Once your registration and payment have been recieved you are officially on the registered list. Each company will have a cap of 16 men per company.

Dan
    Dan Chmelar
    Semper Fi
    -ONV
    -WIG
    -CIR!

Re: "Only 200 Yards Distance" registration is now open!

Gentlemen

With the Website only a few days old we already have 20 individuals that have requested a registration form from the company commanders. We have a strict cap of 16 men per company and we are going to keep it. If you want to experience 36 hours plus of picket duty not knowing if the enemy is out there or not this is not an event to miss. We will be recreating a 45 man battalion in four companies with all of the details of running a battalion in the field. Take a look on the website and contact one of the company commanders to sign up. If you have any questions just PM me or put a notice on this topic and I will get back to you.

http://oldnorthwestvols.org/blanchardville/

Jason Reinholz
    Portraying Arthur Shaaf
    Major Commanding 1st Battalion of Georgia Sharpshooters

Comment

There will be a role for civilians at the event as well. Stephanie Reinholz and Rodney Miller are partnering up to take on coordinating the civilians. Just as with the military, there will be guidelines and standards which will be upheld! This is not an impression for civilian's who are afraid of being out in the woods and living roughly for 36 hours. There is one cabin right now, and another is planned on being built this summer, but they are far from civilized.

Any questions on the civilian impression should be directed to either Stephanie or Rod.

Dan
      Dan Chmelar
      Semper Fi
      -ONV
      -WIG
      -CIR!

Comment

Are you looking for any mounted support for this event? Pickets? Vedettes? etc. Is strictly for the infantry?
        Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
        Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

Myself and several others will be mounted as civilians.
          Dan Chmelar
          Semper Fi
          -ONV
          -WIG
          -CIR!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
            Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
            Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

For those of you not familiar with the event site, here are some pictures and AAR's from last year's event, "The Fight For Crampton's Gap" to wet your appetite.

Dan Chmelar
              Semper Fi
              -ONV
              -WIG
              -CIR!

Comment

I know we are nine months away from the event, but lets get those registrations in boys! Remember, each company has a SOLID cap of 16 per company per historic company strengths. Don't miss out on being in your prefered company!!!

Once you recieve your registration form from the company commanders, you can pay with paypal or send a check to the address listed.

Dan
                Last edited by IowaYank; 01-27-2011, 09:23 AM.
                Dan Chmelar
                Semper Fi
                -ONV
                -WIG
                -CIR!

Comment

With the weather FINALLY getting nicer its time we start thinking about getting back in the field again! We had a good chance to meet with several company commanders and battalion staff at the site in January to go over things, and we are continually making plans. Registrations are slowly trickling in, and understandably so. The event is eight months away, but lets keep them coming!! Click the link that says "Only 200 Yards Distance" in my signature to go to the event website and the registration process is outlined!
                  Dan Chmelar
                  Semper Fi
                  -ONV
                  -WIG
                  -CIR!

Comment

Gents,
                    I've been to both of the events held on this property and I can honestly say it's first rate - one of the best sites I've seen. Most of the sight lines exclude modern features and there is a variety of terrain, from woods to fields, hills and valleys, creeks and a small river. Really just a perfect site for a picket post event. As an added bonus, it will be appropriately decked out in fall colors for the event as well. Combine the site with the folks involved in putting on the event, and you can't go wrong here.

I will be in command of one of the CS companies at the event. If you think you might have interest in it, and would like to serve with me, feel free to PM me or shoot me an email at ebfair71 [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll get you the registration details! I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Cheers!
                    Eric Fair

"A word in earnest is as good as a speech." Charles Dickens - [I]Bleak House[/I]

Comment

Folks, I can only echo what the others have already said.

Bonus: If you're on the fence about registering, have zero fear, I will not be in your company.*

There is a lot being planned for this event, and a lot of folks you know are putting a lot of effort into it. You won't regret it.

-Andy Ackeret

*Because someone was silly enough to put me on staff.
                      Andy Ackeret
                      A/C Staff
                      Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Working...
                      X