Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Registration open

Cody,
    Hopefully you will recieve my parcel post within a forth night as it was sent by curior this past Tuesday. The Sabine is low right now as we speak as well as the Neches and Trinity so there should be no problems with any river crossings. I await to hear from you of its safe arrival. If it does not, I am certain that it was stolen by the scondral, Robert Stumbing Bear.

Yours Truly,
    Larry Young
    Deo Volente

DeQuincy F&AM #279 PM
    Pelican Civil War Lodge F&AM #1861

"ITPW" Survivor"
    Proud member of "The Independent Rifles"

11th TVI
    "Swamp Angels Mess"
    Proud decendant of Freeman Hughes 33rd Ark Co. G
    John McGowan 19th Ark Co.K (Dockerys)
    D.R. Booth 3rd Ark Co.G Three CReeks Rifles

Comment

Can I come?
      Sean Harla

Comment

Sean,
        Can you?
        Tom Yearby
        Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

I will mail my registration this weekend.
          Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
          Terry Pratchett

Comment

Already sent mine in from the great white north. I am hopeful to find one or two more wolverines to make the trip with me. Blue would still be our color.
            Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
            Civil War Digital Digest
            Sally Port Mess

Comment

More registrations showed up over the weekend.

If you are interested in attending, here is the pertinent info: https://sites.google.com/site/impris...efrontier/home

I hope to see you in November,
              Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
              Texas State Troops

[HOUSTON] TRI-WEEKLY TELEGRAPH, October 28, 1863,

Wanted.

All ladies in Houston and surrounding counties who have cloth on hand, which they can spare, are requested to donate it to the ladies of Crockett for the purpose of making petticoats for the Minute Men of this county, who have "backed out" of the service. We think the petticoat more suitable for them in these times.

Comment

Keep those registrations coming in. If you are interested in attending, please don't wait until the last minute to send in your info.
                Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
                Texas State Troops

Wanted.

All ladies in Houston and surrounding counties who have cloth on hand, which they can spare, are requested to donate it to the ladies of Crockett for the purpose of making petticoats for the Minute Men of this county, who have "backed out" of the service. We think the petticoat more suitable for them in these times.

Comment

As one who has helped to put events together in the past, I want to echo Marse Mobley's request to get registrations in sooner rather than later.

This event promises to be unique in many ways and I hope those who have seen Cody in the ranks at events across the country will recall the effort he has made to come from San Angelo to Virginia, Tennessee, Missouri, and elsewhere.
                  Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

I am registered and looking forward to some pleasant November Texas weather while I'm there. Remember Cody, "pleasant", see what you can do about that.
                    Michael Comer
                    one of the moderator guys

Comment

McKavett is a good place and last November when I had to show the boys that an old dog can still shoot, the weather was excellent. Mild days and cool, crisp nights. Don't miss it.
                      Tom Yearby
                      Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

While my hitting the target in the armpit wasn't as much of a kill shot as you shooting 'him' through the left eye, I think he would have died eventually.
                        Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
                        Texas State Troops

Wanted.

Comment

I did an event at McKavett about ten years ago with a group out of Dallas/Fort Worth called the 1st US. Here's a link with a picture or two, and although the impressions may be a bit rough, there's a good shot of the inside of the barracks. It was a VERY nice place, and OMG an event less than four hours from me???

No.

Mike Phineas
                          Bagram AB, Afghanistan
                          Mike Phineas
                          Arlington, TX
                          24th Missouri Infantry
                          Independent Volunteer Battalion
                          www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Registrations are steadily coming in. If you are interested in attending this unique event, please send in your registration early.

In the sutler's store prototypes for the custom tinware have already been completed and period recipes for the food stuffs available for purchase with your sutler chits are being tested.

Don't miss out!
                            Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
                            Texas State Troops

Wanted.

Comment

A bump to the top so that this isn't buried under Manassas and now Shiloh announcements. If you are interested in attending a one of a kind event representing some of the forgotten soldiers of the war, send in your registration.

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).
                              Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
                              Texas State Troops

Wanted.

Comment

Cody,
                                I will fire up my backhoe and try to uncover the event and add, West Texas is a good place in November.
                                Tom Yearby
                                Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Working...
                                X