Basic information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Basic information

The moniker "Calhoun Rifles" probably derives from Calhoun County (est. 1852) or Calhoun City. The 2nd Mississippi Infantry was formed in the far northeast corner of the state in Tishomingo, Tippah, Itawamba, and Pontotoc counties. It is plausible that the men from Company E came from Calhoun County/Calhoun City or had a connection with the area as it is only a few counties away.
    Lewis M Robinson Jr
    Armory Guards
    Snake Nation Disciples

"They were the dirtiest men I ever saw. A most ragged lean and hungry set of wolves. Yet there was a dash about them that the northern men lacked." Maryland Resident upon seeing the Confederate Army

Comment

Guys,
      I am sure you are both right. Just a bit of Miss-Lou sense of humor....we are known for our rather different ways.

Comment

I'll be there!

Joe Ricci
        16th Louisiana Infantry
        [FONT="Century Gothic"]Joe Ricci

16th Louisiana Infantry[/FONT]

Comment

Great Drill yesterday at Camp Moore. Great showing. Rolled rounds, fixed hats and gear, got the logistics down for travel. BUT I am afraid our Commander will need a Suitcase/Trunk for all his ties and jackets...He is a Dandy for sure.

Sorry guys...no pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Beasley View Post
            Commander will need a Suitcase/Trunk for all his ties and jackets...He is a Dandy for sure.
            Can't wait to see what he is sporting. I know there were accounts stating this commander had quite the wardrobe! Glad to see that you all were able to consolidate for a day to work on impressions and coordinate for the event!
            [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
            [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Almost done with the commuation jacket. 3 more button holes and then to more round rolling. It's not hot in Virginia is it?
              Ross Burkenstock

16th La. Co. D

Comment

Dennis,

Our rides fell through for our horses. David, Ty, Ethan and I are interested in going Infantry with you guys if we can work out some logistical issues and if the kits we've already put together as the 1st MS cav can work. We're already registered as Southern Guard/WIG Couriers/Staff.
                Larry Morgan
                Buttermilk Rangers

Comment

Working...
                X