Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15th Iowa Shiloh Event Registration opens June 15th!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15th Iowa Shiloh Event Registration opens June 15th!!!!

We are one week out from opening registration on Wednesday, June 15th! Slots are limited! You WILL want to register on the 15th! Registration for our entire deal is $50 ($20 to the event, $20 to the boat, $5 to rations, $2 to transportation from event site to Savannah, TN where we get on the boat, $1 wagon stipend, $2 Paypal fee). There will NOT be mail in registrations as this will sell out too fast.

Come back here for updates over the next week. Be ready boys!
    Last edited by Matt Woodburn; 06-08-2011, 10:26 AM.
    Matt Woodburn
    Retired Big Bug
    WIG/GHTI
    Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
    "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Re: 15th Iowa Shiloh Event Registration opens June 15th!!!!

I hope I can find a Federal Recruiting Officer while I am in Savannah ;) I won't miss that boat!!!
    [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
    ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

this sounds like something i'm gonna have to bring up with the unit lol
      Nick Sparks

Breckinridge Greys

Comment

Nick,

You'll want to bring it up fast with your unit and contact one of the company points of contact to get slots for your guys. It's going to be awesome. Don't miss the boat!
        Matt Woodburn
        Retired Big Bug
        WIG/GHTI

Comment

Many of you have asked at what time will registration open on the 15th. Here's what I'll do to see that you can get registered and still make it to work. I'm going to start taking the individual company registration pages and making them live between 6:00am and 6:30am Central time (7:00am - 7:30am for those on Eastern, 5:00am - 5:30am for Mountain, and 4:00am - 4:30am for Pacific, and you guys across the pond will need to check how that works for you). It will take me 30 minutes to get all pages online and I'll start at Co. A and work through the letters. I will email the company points of contact when all registration pages are live, so they can in turn mass email all the guys on their lists. I will also post the links to the registration pages here on the AC. Tell and email all your friends NOW to be ready next Wednesday morning, June 15th. This will be a big online push and shove to get in. I will begin posting registered company rosters on the AC and within each of the individual company folders within a week, so by June 22nd. If a company closes and you cannot get in it, and you still want to come to The Grand Adventure (and you're going to want to with all that we have planned), contact another company to get in with them. You can still vist with your pards in camp, you'll just be in another company when we're formed. No big deal and you'll make some new friends. We are going to be awesome! OK, 6:00am - 6:30am Central time, next Wednesday, June 15th. Go boys go!
          Matt Woodburn
          Retired Big Bug
          WIG/GHTI

Comment

Thanks for the info Matt,
            12 Midday for Brits and Irish,
            1pm for Germany.

Cheers,
            J.T.
            Jason Tailford

Lazy Jacks Mess
            Liberty Rifles.

Comment

Guys,

As we approach registration day, Wednesday, June 15th, I want you to know that you will be able to pay via Paypal, or if you don't have a Paypal account, you can pay with a debit or credit card. You will be walked through the process on the registration page for your company. This info below outlines how to do the latter:

"Your registrants do not need to log into PayPal to pay for your event.

When registrants select "Pay by credit card", they go to PayPal to make their payment. When they arrive at the PayPal screen, the left side of the screen allows them to enter their billing information, and then click Review Order and Continue.

The right side of the screen gives them an option to log into PayPal, if they have an account.

If you are paying with a credit card associated with another PayPal account, you will be required to log into that account to complete the transaction. Otherwise, you will need to pay with another credit card not already associated with an existing account. If registrants are being forced to sign up for a PayPal account, you should check to see if PayPal Optional is turned off. If PayPal Account Optional is turned off, people without PayPal accounts must sign up of a PayPal account. They can pay by credit card, but they must agree to sign up for a PayPal account before completing their transactions and making their payments."
              Matt Woodburn
              Retired Big Bug
              WIG/GHTI

Comment

Is it first come, first serve on the staff officer slots? I have tentatively replied "yes" to be the reg't'l sawbones for the 15th Iowa. No, I don't have seasickness remedies. Just lean over the rail on the opposite side.

Comment

Noah,

All of the staff slots are being offered by me and have been extended. Your email to me only said you'd have to get back to me about the surgeon position, and not a tentative yes. Please get back to me. I'd like to have all staff slot finalized by Tue., June 14th. Staff, color guard, Q.M. Dept, band, wagoneers etc. will register through the staff registration page by invite just like the companies will register on their pages by Co. commander invite.
                  Matt Woodburn
                  Retired Big Bug
                  WIG/GHTI

Comment

Shoot. I sent another email saying yes. Must have gotten lost in the aether.

And that's a yes to be the surgeon for the 15th at Shiloh.

Comment

Noah,

I'm glad to know you'll be along on the adventure. I'll be in touch.
                      Matt Woodburn
                      Retired Big Bug
                      WIG/GHTI

Comment

The sun is barely up and we're just over 24 hours away from opening registration. If you have any friends that you want on this adventure, today is the day to email them. Registration opens tomorrow, Wednesday, June 15th between 6:00am and 6:30am. I'll start with opening Co. A and work through the letters and then the staff. All should be online by 6:30am. I will email the company commanders/points of contact with the link to the individual company registration pages. You want to be on a company email list as I'm sending them there first and they will be mass emailed out. Since it's a mass email, check your spam folder too just in case your computer puts it there. I will also post the registration links here in this folder. Get ready guys. This thing is going to hit fast and hard.

(I've gone to about every kind of car race there is. In my head right now I can hear all of you around the country starting your get ready to register engines. And I've got to tell you, it's deafening! Go boys go!)
                        Matt Woodburn
                        Retired Big Bug
                        WIG/GHTI

Comment

Matt,

Will the registration page be found on the WIG homepage tomorrow morning?
                          Pards,

Jared Byrnes

Comment

It will be found first in the hands of the company commanders/points of contact. They will send it to their email lists with the guys they have approved. Then it will be posted on the AC. Look in the company specific folders for that company's registration link. Get on a company commander's email list TONIGHT for fastest access to the links.
                            Matt Woodburn
                            Retired Big Bug
                            WIG/GHTI

Comment

As mayor of Purdy TN for Shiloh, I am going to change character for the Iowa arrival. Col. Fielding Hurst, a staunch Unionist throughout the war, lived in Purdy. I will be at the dock early Saturday morning to welcome the glorious 15th Iowa, urging you to defeat the Confederate rabble. (And then I will go back to being the Mayor).
                              I wish I could be with you on this.
                              Robert Orrand
                              N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
                              Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
                              4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

Working...
                              X