Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact information

You can email me directly at boreguard@earthlink.net

The company will be made up of men from the 16th Louisiana Infantry/12th Connecticut Infantry. We're found mostly in Louisiana & Mississippi. This company will also be augmented by independents from the Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi area...and even from some other areas. If you know someone in particular whose a part of this unit/consolidation and want to join in drop a line.

Dennis Neal
    Capt. Commanding Co. G
    Dennis Neal
    "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
    David F. Boyd, Major 9th Louisiana
    Visit the site of the 16th Louisiana at
    [url]http://www.16thlainf.com/[/url]
    J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Re: Contact information

Dennis,

I'm not going to miss this event for sure. I'm laying the foundations for my yard pass as we speak.

I still need a Hardee hat, Federal two-rivet scabbard (I have a seven rivet) and an extra pair of socks.

I'll be ready when the order is given to form company!

Wayne
    Wayne Aymond
    Sgt, 16th La.

"If it were a sin to covet honor, then we were the most offending souls alive"
    - T.G. Pegus, 16th Louisiana Infantry

Comment

This looks like a great event!
      Ross Burkenstock

16th La. Co. D

Comment

Captain Neal:
        Let me know what you might here about who has good hat brass for the Hardee Hats. Most of us have them, worn campaign style, but we'll need to get some brass to pretty them up.
        Ross Burkenstock

16th La. Co. D

Comment

Ross and All,

Just look for the Jeff Davis eagle for the brim. Leave the rest off. If you don't know why.....you'll have to read the links I posted.
          Matt Woodburn
          Retired Big Bug
          WIG/GHTI
          Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
          "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Thanks Matt. any recommendation on where we can get the Jeff Davis eagle? BTW, great job putting together this event. You're hard work is very much appreciated!
            Wayne Aymond
            Sgt, 16th La.

"If it were a sin to covet honor, then we were the most offending souls alive"
            - T.G. Pegus, 16th Louisiana Infantry

Comment

I am in a similar situation as Mr. Wayne. Where can I find a Sky Blue Greatcoat and a good Hardee hat and brass. (On a budget).

Mr. Ricci, please be sure to include your full signature in all you posts as you have done in your other posts. You can create an automatic signature in your account settings. - Silas Tackitt, a moderator
              Last edited by Silas; 07-11-2011, 12:07 AM. Reason: Signature violation
              [FONT="Century Gothic"]Joe Ricci

16th Louisiana Infantry[/FONT]

Comment

I believe that Matt Woodburn already said there would be a "Bully buy" on Hardee hats. More info later from Matt. As to an overcoat, good luck on that one. I'm in the same boat, no pun intended, on both of those items.
                Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
                Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
                Former Mudsill
                Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Joey,

-Ditch the idea of a Great Coat, you will not need it.
                  -Get a good blanket.
                  -Get a good night cap, not one that you see folks wearing for sport, but one that will keep your head warm. I had a lady at the hospital to knit me one.
                  -Get yourself a good scarf, and wrap up in it.
                  -This event will require marching, getting from point A to B, and hopefully done in the early morning hours, you will warm up fast.

-If you have "Uniform Quesitons", Ask the person whose opinion counts....1SGT Pequet.

Comment

Working...
                  X