Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manassas Co. D: Registration, Arrival, and Other Info

Guys,

The place to go to register is off of Sudley Road, just east of Pageland Road. It's in the two parking lots just north of the "star" formation. Check this link.

http://mapq.st/kOYRcC
    Attached Files
    Matt Woodburn
    Retired Big Bug
    WIG/GHTI
    Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
    "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Re: Manassas Registration Location

We are just about ten days away from this, the first major event of the Civil War Sesquicentennial! If you are like me, you are making final preparations, travel plans, and pondering what gear will go and what will stay home.

There is a bunch of information I’m going to throw at you all here, so you’ll want to hang on to this email for links and other information.

Here goes…
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I. WEBSITES
    WIG Adjunct Site: http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/manassas150/

Main Event Site: http://www.manassasbullrun.com/ click on “The Reenactment”
    … Or just follow this link: http://www.manassasbullrun.com/c2/Re...TOKEN=14723494
    II. NCO’s
    Our NCO assignments are now complete! Company D will have two sergeants and four corporals. They are:

Orderly – Justin Runyon
    2nd Sergeant – Rick Harding

Corporals:
    • Steve Arnold
    • Steve Ewing
    • Ross Lamoreaux
    • David Parent

I am very grateful to have such a qualified group of NCO’s for Company D! My thanks to each of these gentlemen for their willingness to serve the company! Their knowledge and experience will benefit us all.
    III. SAFETY:

I want everyone to go home on Sunday in the same condition in which they arrived. I want no injuries or illness. My first and most emphatic instruction to my NCO’s is to keep their eyes on their men. I want to make sure everyone gets and drinks enough water. I want to know if guys are getting fatigued before anyone is forced to fall out.

My expectations regarding safety:
    - CARRY YOUR MODERN ID AND INSURANCE INFORMATION (CARD) WITH YOU!!!
    - Take advantage of all water stops and drink plenty of water.
    - Empty your canteen before you hand it over to any water detail. Pour the water into a cup if you can’t drink it and share with your thirsty pards.
    - Reenacting is not a competitive sport. Nothing is gained by “sticking it out” when you are feeling bad. Whatever your symptoms may be, talk to your NCO’s. Let them know when you START feeling bad, not when you’re reached the end of your rope.
    - Watch your pards and the men around you. If men are sweating copiously, or not at all, if they are pale and ashen looking, if they are disoriented, if they are cramping up, if they are getting nauseated or vomit, then come to their aid and let your NCO know!
    IV. ARRIVAL: Please make every effort to arrive no later than 6:00pm, Friday, July 22.

For those arriving prior to Friday, July 22
    If you wish, you may participate at a living history event at Sky Meadows Park. Our commander, Thomas “Skip” Owens will be there, along with other members of battalion staff conducting a living history. This will be an opportunity to get together with others in the battalion and do some drill prior to “the big show”.

Schedule:
    Weds- 0900 Park opens (those wishing to stay Tuesday need to let Col. Skip know)
    Weds- 0900-1700 open drill
    Thur- 0900 park opens 0900-1700 open drill
    Thur Evening

Address: Sky Meadows State Park, 11012 Edmonds Lane, Delaplane, VA 20144-0710

Links/Directions:
    You can follow the link below and use Google Maps to chart your directions:
    Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

From the main event website:

For those arriving on Thursday evening, July 21 through Friday, July 22
    Proceed directly to registration at the main event site and check in. From there, you can park your vehicle and make your way to our camp. We will be with Bee’s Brigade under Chris Anders and are camping in the woods at the far edge of the event site, at the far right of Anders’ brigade.

Event Parking will be off of Pageland Road (eastern border of the event site) under the high-tension power lines.
    V. SCHEDULE:

Friday- 0900 Regimental HQ is operational at Manassas Camp
    Friday- 0900 SGT Maj/Regimental QM sets up camp establishes company Areas and boundaries

Friday- no later than 6PM all companies are accounted for or commanders are aware of late arrivals.
    Friday- 8 PM key leadership meeting to discuss outcome of Brigade meeting (this may be adjusted)
    Sat- 0600 reveille/ Breakfast
    Sat- 0700 formation
    Sat- 0730 Movement of Brigade to scenario site.
    Sat- Remainder of Schedule TBD
    Sun-0600 Reveille/ Breakfast
    Sun-0700 Regimental Formation
    Sun-0730 Brigade movement
    VI. DIRECTIONS

To: Catharpin Park at 4805 Sudley Rd, Catharpin Va. - Registration site

Due to congestion and delays the following routes are strongly recommended. During check- in directions will be given to the reenactment site and reenactor parking which is within 2 ½ miles.

Link to this FAQ: http://www.manassasbullrun.com/c18/F...irginia.htm#21

From I-66 (East or West):
    - Take exit 40, US-15 N/James Madison Hwy, toward Leesburg
    - Turn right onto VA-234 S/Sudley Rd.
    - Check in will be 4 miles on your Left

From I-95 (North or South):
    - Take exit 152B, VA-234 N/Dumfries Rd, toward Manassas
    - Continue straight onto Prince William Parkway, follow signs for I-66W/Front Royal
    - Merge onto I-66 W
    - Take exit 40, US-15 N/James Madison Hwy, toward Leesburg
    - Turn right onto VA-234 S/Sudley Rd.
    - Check in will be 4 miles on your Left

**It is my understanding that there will be signs directing you to registration and parking from all major approaching roads. Black and white "CW" or "Civil War" signs, or something like that.

VII. ROUNDS:

Here is what your colonel has to say about Ammo...
    -All men should prepare to bring NO LESS than 120 rounds. I know this is quite a bit, but we are in 4 different scenarios throughout the course of the weekend, the initial Bees engagement and the Henry house hill fight sat and sunday. I know this is more than we are normally using, but i do not want men running out. ARSENAL PACKS too!
    -Rounds should be consolidated by the companies NO Later than 8PM friday and turned into Regiment QM dept ref is the SGT MAJ
    -Round should be turned in with your company ammo boxes, we will mark with chalk to ensure that we are issuing out the right rounds
    -There should be a understanding within the company that the rounds WILL BE consolidated, that PVT snuffys awesome arsenal rounds will be mixed in with PVT Sniffys inferior ones.
    -Loose rounds will not be accepted, again i know this is a pain, but we need to do this right, and any ordinance officer would NOT issue loose rounds per the regs. There might be some accounts of this happening, but not with us. Sorry
    VIII. QUESTIONS

Got questions? Let me know your concerns and I'll do my best to get you answers.
    My apologies for the late date of this note! I was out of town on business and had thought I sent it out already.
    There are a couple of van-loads of us that are leaving from various parts of the state of Indiana for the event. Some of you are coming from Ohio, Kentucky, and even as far as Florida! Please travel safe!

If you have any questions or concerns - or are interested in carpooling, please feel free to contact me, Lt. Fair, or any of the NCO’s. I will be arriving in the area with Sgt. Runyon, Lt. Fair, and the Terre Haute contingent on Thursday, July 21. We will be on-site on Friday afternoon.

Your Humble Servant,

John Wickett
    Captain, Joe Matthew’s Rifles (re-activated)
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
    X