No announcement yet.

Chance to get images struck as a Group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chance to get images struck as a Group?

I read on the mainstream board that one of the wet plate/dag photographers is setting up appointments now for getting images done at Manassas. Is there interest or thoughts about doing that either as a company or maybe an entire regimental shot if somehow that was able to be done? I think it'll be great to document this 2nd MS portryal in some way.

This is the link...being out of the hobby for a few years, I am not familiar with them or their work..perhaps there will be a few to "choose" from.

-Cheers!
    Aron Price
    AG

Re: Chance to get images struck as a Group?

Is Wendell not coming as the 2nd Miss's official documenter?
    Galen Wagner
    Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Comment

I do not remember who during and a few years after the 125th, but there was a person that took the entire battalion image, can't remember the name. That would work for the entire Regimental image. I will let those that have been in the field more recent make that decision. Wendell Decker however has taken my image different times and does an excellent job.
      Dean Burchfield
      [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]WIG [I]The Old Guard[/I][/FONT][/B]
      Cleburnes
      Hard Case Boys
      Green Bottle Mess

[I][U]PM Joseph Warren #71 F & AM [/U][/I]

Un soldat sera long et dur combat pour un peu de ruban de couleur.
      Napoléon Bonaparte
      A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Comment

We are working to get some help with the Regimental Documentation of the event. As far as i know there are several well known authentic colloquial artist who will be there. As far as appointments there are several times we on the staff would recommend those are:

Friday all day before 6pm (remember 6 is the first regimental formation)
        Saturday Anytime after 4 would work
        Sunday anytime after 12

If you are set on getting a image I would recommend you try and do so on Friday when you arrive. I do also believe some will possibly be set up thur, but i am not 100% sure..

Hope that this info helps!
        [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
        [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Just posted on Robert Sazbo's facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1587721544
          I will heading to Manassas one week from today. If you are at the event I will be setup doing tintypes in the LIVING HISTORY CAMP. NOT on sutler row. The LH Camp is adjacent to sutler row.
          Dean Burchfield
          [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]WIG [I]The Old Guard[/I][/FONT][/B]
          Cleburnes
          Hard Case Boys
          Green Bottle Mess

[I][U]PM Joseph Warren #71 F & AM [/U][/I]

Un soldat sera long et dur combat pour un peu de ruban de couleur.
          Napoléon Bonaparte
          A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Comment

Working...
          X