Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrival/Rounds/Equipage

Gentlemen,
    Here is the directive from the Brigade on arrival to Manassas. Please see below for Brigade info....

we will NOT have the Regimental streets set up till after 10 on Friday, possibly earlier if the Regimental SGT MAJ and QM set this up. If you are planning on arriving at the manassas site anytime thursday you will need to use the map provided as best as possible and find a place to throw down.. be prepared to move once the regimental SGT Major alligns the unit.

This does not Cancel out the opportunity for those to come out to Sky Meadows as early as Wed and stay through Friday ensuring you are on site at manassas by 6 PM friday for the regimental formation

***6PM Regimental Formation friday*** is the first hard time for the entire group!

Couple of items to be reminded of!

-All men should prepare to bring NO LESS than 120 rounds. I know this is quite a bit, but we are in 4 different scenarios throughout the course of the weekend, the initial Bees engagement and the Henry house hill fight sat and sunday. I know this is more than we are normally using, but i do not want men running out. ARSENAL PACKS too!
    -Rounds should be consolidated by the companies NO Later than 8PM friday and turned into Regiment QM dept ref is the SGT MAJ, please get with your Company on this matter!
    -Round should be turned in with your company ammo boxes, we will mark with chalk to ensure that we are issuing out the right rounds, again your commanders have the details on your individual unit sprecifics for turn in, you have my turn in time noted.
    -There should be a understanding within the company that the rounds WILL BE consolidated, that PVT snuffys awesome arsenal rounds will be mixed in with PVT Sniffys inferior ones. PLEASE ENSURE EVERYONE IS AWARE OF THIS.. I don't want any AARs stating that someone rolled rounds for 5 weeks straight and was issued inferior ones in line.
    -Each company should plan on bringing 1-2 ammo boxes. this is where the arsenal packs will be stored.
    -Loose rounds will not be accepted, again i know this is a pain, but we need to do this right, and any ordinance officer would NOT issue loose rounds per the regs. There might be some accounts of this happening, but not with us. Sorry
    -Please try and have boxes properly marked with dates prior to July 61, again this is a request to make things a little more accurate

-Flys will NOT be set up till the SGT Major has set up the camp. I want this to be as military appearing to the regs, Company Flys will be at the head of the streets with enlisted throwing down IN LINE as orderly as possible.
    -Reminder that Company Baggage should only be 1 fly and 1-2 ammo boxes, with essential mess gear consolidated among the company. ***what you carry in the 1-2 ammo boxes is up to the commander***
    -I will ask that the Qm dept publish some of their hard times to coordinate with the commanders to ensure that their men are accounted for with ration issues.

-reminder that VEHICLES will NOT be allowed into the camp area, this should also come as a NO Brainer. For those in the companies who will want Fly/Boxes/Mess gear transported we will have the Wagon available to move the items. we know that our camp site from parking is 3/4 to 1 mile away. I ask that commanders coordinate with Cameron Stinnet if they need items transported or if they are able to carry the items into camp

-one of the exceptions for baggage is Music Instruments interpret the way you see fit, though if i had a musician in my Mess I would cross level his gear so that he would be able to carry the entertainment. AKA Music is encouraged!

Thank you gentlemen. Next from me will be a drill reminder in another Post. all Brigade order pertaining to camp/arrival will be pushed on this thread

Two weeks grentlmen!
    Skip

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    Subject: G-O No.7 Brigade Camp Restriction

Headquarters Bee’s Brigade

Harpers Ferry Virginia

7 July 2011

General Order No. } 7, series 1861

The Chief Engineer of Brigade will establish the brigade camp by noon on the 21st instant. He and his staff will be made available to incoming members of the brigade from that point until the close of registration on Friday.

Members of Bee’s Brigade are to contact a Brigade Engineering Officer upon arrival and prior to establishing their bivouac. The location where the brigade is camped necessitates that bivouac assignments be done in an organized manner for the good of the whole. Signage will be placed to indicate the general area assigned to each component of the brigade but direction from an engineering officer is still required.

Members of Bee’s Brigade arriving prior to noon on Thursday the 21st instant and who establish their bivouac may be relocated as directed by the Brigade Engineer due to the needs of the brigade.

By command of Brigadier General Anders

Commanding Bee’s Brigade

R. Watters

Assistant Adjutant General

By direction

Wing, Regimental, and Battalion Adjutant’s are to ensure that all members of their commands are informed of this order.
    Last edited by JimKindred; 06-25-2012, 12:04 PM. Reason: Removed email addresses from forwarded email.
    [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
    [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Re: Arrival/Rounds/Equipage

another regimental note regarding Brigade order; see below, especially about fires and arrivals! Also my Specific notes to the regiment in BLUE
    --------------------------------------------------------

Headquarters
    Bee’s Brigade
    Harpers Ferry Virginia
    7 July 2011

Circular No.} 6 series 1861

Army of the Potomac General Order No) 1, series 2011 is attached to this circular for your information and review.

The main body of the G-O specifies the OOB, general operating procedures, amplifying information on registration/parking, and the Military Schedule.
    The following items contained within it should be given specific attention:

•Registration: located up Pageland Road to the north, a short drive from the site. Pageland Rd. will be closed to through traffic. The registration area has specific times of operation. Plan your arrival accordingly. Thur night till 9PM, All day friday and sat

•Parking: located across from the site under high-tension transmission lines. It appears that once parked it will be very difficult to get your vehicle out and “go to town”. Passes will be issued to the regiment after saturday around 3. Once you get into Camp on Friday it is expected that you are there till then.. obviously there are case-case basis, but please make every effort to have all you need, also its a long haul out there!

•Provost Traffic Control: they are requesting volunteers for this duty and if they do not get sufficient numbers from each brigade that they will enforce a “levy or draft”. The Southern Division made the decision after ‘Return to Manassas’ that it would not use Provost Guard for such duty. Regimental Commanders should anticipate a request for volunteers for such duty from Brigade Headquarters but understand that the Brigade will follow its established operating procedure. We will have a "duty" company schedule posted soon to the commanders, this will be a company expected to participate in items as this, granted i don't want out men standing guard at a parking lot and i will try to negotiate some more period dutes (wink wink anders! ha ha). This will more than likely be a rotating schedule througout the weekend minus the "battle" times.. again more to follow on this..

•Registration Volunteers: Same story as ‘Provost Traffic Control’. This will fall into the duty company- ideally this is somone who can direct those who register to our Brigade/regimental area, also implied you will record their names on a list to be turned into the ADJ to ensure we are tracking those who signed into the event vs those who have reported to the companies for duty- in my mind this sounds like a great CPL postion!

•Water: The ‘piped system’ mentioned in the G-O is comprised of 4,800 feet of rigid PVC laid above ground. It is a pressurized system. It therefore is subject to damage and most certainly will be a careless individual. Unless valved properly, a break in any portion of it will result in the disruption of water supply. Unit Commanders are ordered to remind their commands that they should each bring two two-gallon water containers fro their personal use. They are to be stored in the “wagon-park” area in ‘A’ tents provided by each command as needed for the purpose. Our QM dept will handle this for the Regiment, Again this is our plan that NO ONE should bring extra water, i have coordinated this and we are GOOD... Commanders will enforce this!

•Fires: Bee’s Brigade will not build a fire within the woods. Cooking fires will be located in the field in front of the woods in which we are bivouacked. Only company Commissary fires at the head of the street will be authorized so 11 total for the regiment 10/Companies 1 regimental... SGT MAJ will take this into consideration when he lays out the Regimental camp! Cpmpany 1st SGTs are tasked with this duty

•Medical Procedure: The medical procedure specified has been coordinated through Medical Director Aycock. Those with medical background/training will be noted, please let your commanders know about your qualifications

•Schedule: Bee’s Brigade will follow its own schedule to be issued through this office. It will mirror the schedule promulgated. We have lots of things we are working with the brigade on for this, to accurately portray the 2nd's actions!
    Respectfully,

R. Watters
    Assistant Adjutant General
    Bee’s Brigade
    Last edited by elcid01; 07-07-2011, 10:10 AM.
    [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

Comment

Skip,

Thank you!!!!!!!! I think you know for what...but in case you don't...working so dang hard to make out Manassas experience top notch.
      Galen Wagner
      Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Comment

Thanks Galen, i want to ensure things go smoothly or a close to as possible... as we know the best layed plan only last though the first contact!

In another post i will look into some of the expected manuever that i see the regiment making.. if you are anything other than a 2nd SGT or commander you should be fine.

Also for those who didn't see the map in a previous post it is attached.
        Attached Files
        [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

Comment

Gentlemen,

Please remember to fill out the medical form and put it in your cartridge box, as per event regulations.

We in the 2d Mississippi are very fortunate to have emergency medical professionals in our ranks. If you need help, these men can handle it, but having your emergency information in the same spot for everyone will save time, and in the unfortunate event, may even save a life.

Link: http://www.manassasbullrun.com/image...eenactment.pdf

Joe C.
          QM Sgt 2d Miss.
          Joseph Caridi
          Washington's Guard/Potomac Legion

Comment

Working...
          X