Carpooling from south Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpooling from south Louisiana

I live in Lafayette, LA, and I'm in need of a ride to the event. I need to be out there in VA on Wed., if possible, and back to Lafayette as soon as possible. Contact me directly if you are passing through Lafayette and have room for one more.

nbclark78@gmail.com
    Nic Clark
    2017 - 24 years in the hobby
    Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Re: Carpooling from south Louisiana

Nic

If all else fails, Amtrak is there. Out of New Orleans, on the Cresent route (the system will try to book you through Chicago on the City of New Orleans) you'd leave early Wednesday morning and arrive in Manassas early Thursday morning, tan, rested, and ready, having whiled away the hours in the big recliners that are coach seating. A cab or a call to a friend will get you to the site.

Depart Sunday evening, and you can clean up on the train. Some coach cars have showers.

Last time I did this, The occasion was moving a stranded company truck after the driver was fired on the spot when he banged positive on a drug test. Since then it's been company policy for ease of travel and price. There are other stations along the route, but read the checked baggage firearms policy to understand which stations can check your weapon.

By the way, there are religious zealots who frequent the Manassas station looking for converts. They are fun to mess with while waiting for a cab. "Yep, I believe that. Yep, I believe that too. Is it a problem for you if I believe it over at the Methodist church?"

Tickets are fully refundable if cancelled. To get the best available price, book by this Saturday. Of course, it was about half that if booked a month ago.
    Last edited by Spinster; 07-08-2011, 10:04 AM. Reason: Can't spell
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Re: Carpooling from south Louisiana

Dang, Nic, I wish I would have read this earlier. Our horse transportation fell through at the last minute and we had decided to throw in and go Infantry. Then that ride fell through as well. We got discouraged and decided to just stay home. I didn't realize you were so close. Send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number. Maybe we can network to share ride expenses in the future.
      Larry Morgan
      Buttermilk Rangers

Comment

Working...
      X