Image of 2nd Lt John A Danielson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image of 2nd Lt John A Danielson

Found a picture of 2nd Lt John A Danielson on Ancestry.com...

"John A Danielson at the age 33, a resident of Calhoun County, Iowa, a native of Sweden, was appointed 2nd lieutenant on December 13, 1861. This was the day he mustered into the Iowa 15th Volunteer Regiment Company H. He was severely wounded in the hip on April 6, at the battle of Shiloh in Tennessee. He was promoted to captin on June 8th, 1862. He resigned due to his wound on Sept 13, 1862. He recieved a pension for his severe wound that was debilitating."

Not sure when it was taken, but I have contacted the family to see if they know...
    Attached Files
    Jordan Ricketts

Re: Image of 2nd Lt John A Danielson

Thanks Jordan for posting the image of 2nd Lt. Danaielson, Company H 15th Iowa. Images of the 15th Iowa aren't that common and I'm sure somewhere there must be a few taken shortly before Shiloh. The search for such will go on.
    Adam Dintenfass

Comment

Can anyone make out what type of hat is on the table? I can make out the embroidered device, but I can't tell what type of headgear it is.
      Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
      My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

I would guess a McDowell... Just because it looks like its laying back, thoughts?
        Jordan Ricketts

Comment

It's most likely a McDowell style cap.
          Attached Files
          Adam Dintenfass

Comment

Working...
          X