Re: New Date for "Only 200 Yards Distance"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Date for "Only 200 Yards Distance"

Hello All, I am currently applying for Officer Candidate School with the Marine Corps and if I get accepted to OCS I will be reporting to Quantico on October 1st. With that in mind, I am changing the date of the CS "unexpected" picket post event "Only 200 Yards Distance" that I am organizing in Blanchardville, Wisconsin. The previous date was in mid October. The new date for the event is moved to September 2-4th, Labor Day weekend. I know this may be short notice for some, but I hope all understand the circumstances.

Thanks
    Dan Chmelar
    Dan Chmelar
    Semper Fi
    -ONV
    -WIG
    -CIR!

Dan-

Thanks for the heads up. The new date works for me, and I look forward to attending another outstanding event up there.
    Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
    My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

With the event now on a holiday weekend and most have Monday off, it has been decided to slightly extend the event. Instead of ending Sunday morning like we have in the past, the event will be going live until mid afternoon on Sunday.
      Dan
      Dan Chmelar
      Semper Fi
      -ONV
      -WIG
      -CIR!

Comment

One little tidbit about the event to let out........ever seen a period check row cornfield at an event?? hint hint ;-)
        Dan Chmelar
        Semper Fi
        -ONV
        -WIG
        -CIR!

Comment

Dan, I'm still full from all the baby corn I ate last summer.
          Jason David

Peter Pelican
          36th Illinois Co. "B"
          Prodigal Sons Mess
          Old Northwest Vols.

Comment

Dan-

With the event moved up to Labor Day weekend, when is the cutoff for registration?
            Bob Welch

My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Good question Bob! With the new date I will be able to accept registrations all the way up until the 20th of August. Lets keep them coming in!!
              Dan Chmelar
              Semper Fi
              -ONV
              -WIG
              -CIR!

Comment

I'm ready for another outstanding event!
                Jason David

Peter Pelican
                36th Illinois Co. "B"
                Prodigal Sons Mess
                Old Northwest Vols.

Comment

Hey Dan, are there any updates on registration? I'd hate to see this event lost in the Shiloh Shuffle.
                  Bob Welch

Comment

Registrations are still slowly coming in. Bob, good point about Shiloh overshadowing things. We have just slightly over two months left before "200 Yards". Get those registrations in boys!
                    Dan Chmelar
                    Semper Fi
                    -ONV
                    -WIG
                    -CIR!

Comment

Now that Manassas has come and gone lets look toward the next event! The registration for 200 yards distance closes August 20th. Less then a month away. We have consolidated down to two companies portraying the 1st Georgia Battalion of Sharpshooters. One led by Brandon Jolly and one by Brad Bodoh. Things will be done at this event that you likely have not done at an event before. Our battalion commander Jason Reinholz and staff have been coming up with some very creative and great stuff!

I will post a registered list shortly.
                      Dan
                      Dan Chmelar
                      Semper Fi
                      -ONV
                      -WIG
                      -CIR!

Comment

Remember, to register get in contact with Brad Bodoh or Brandon Jolly and they will send you the registration form in an email. In this way we are making sure to uphold the high standards of this event.
                        Dan Chmelar
                        Semper Fi
                        -ONV
                        -WIG
                        -CIR!

Comment

Anybody sick of 1861?

:wink_smilGood, now that I have your attention I can invite you to a unique event we are planning up here in Wisconsin. It is only 1 month away but we are holding a Confederate picket post on September 2- 4th at Blanchardville, WI. It is set during the Siege of Chattanooga in November of 1863. We are portraying 2 companies of the 1st Georgia Battalion of Sharpshooters (it was a 4 company battalion). By this time after 9 months of service, each company was down to around 9 men. This is being called an unexpected picket post, with the participants not knowing if there is anybody out there or not. The details are located at

Many of the details of this event are being withheld but here is what I can guarantee.

• Living the life of a member of the 1st Georgia Battalion of Sharpshooters from November of
                          1863 as closely as possible.
                          • First Person 24/7. Those who know me know that this is not an idle threat.
                          You will be asked to leave if you can not follow this rule. Remember, private property + not
                          welcome = trespassing.
                          • Your Registration pays for your rations and your ammunition for the event as well as other
                          surprises. No cartridge rolling for this one. You will be issued the same type of ammunition
                          as well as rations that the 1st received in November of 1863.
                          • Boredom of picket post life
                          • Excitement of picket post life
                          • This will not be a physically demanding event, but mentally tough like all picket post events.

At last year’s event we issued out horse meat, yes real horse meat. What will we do this year? For more information please visit the website and contact one of the company commanders for an invite. We are only allowing people at this event who can live up to our expectations. We will not have any surprises when the event goes live at 9:00 p.m. on Friday, and neither should you have to worry about the quality of who else will be at the event.

Company A Brandon Jolly <brandon.jolly(at)hotmail.com>
                          Company B Brad Bodoh <brbodoh(at)gmail.com>

If you have any more questions please pm me or email me at rein5553(at)yahoo.com. If the registration fee or lack of items from the uniform guidelines is affecting your ability to attend, please let me know and we will try to work something out.

Jason Reinholz
                          Portraying Major Arthur Shaaf
                          Commander of 1st Battalion of Georgia Sharpshooters

Comment

Re: New Date for &quot;Only 200 Yards Distance&quot;

Just to add what Dan is talking about for the event here are the basics. It is only 1 month away but we are holding a Confederate picket post on September 2- 4th at Blanchardville, WI. It is set during the Siege of Chattanooga in November of 1863. We are portraying 2 companies of the 1st Georgia Battalion of Sharpshooters (it was a 4 company battalion). By this time after 9 months of service, each company was down to around 9 men. This is being called an unexpected picket post, with the participants not knowing if there is anybody out there or not. The details are located at

Many of the details of this event are being withheld but here is what I can guarantee.
                            • Living the life of a member of the 1st Georgia Battalion of Sharpshooters from November of 1863
                            as closely as possible.
                            • First Person 24/7. Those who know me know that this is not an idle threat. You will be asked to
                            leave if you can not follow this rule. Remember, private property + not welcome
                            = trespassing.
                            • Your Registration pays for your rations and your ammunition for the event as well as other
                            surprises. No cartridge rolling for this one. You will be issued the same type of
                            ammunition as well as rations that the 1st received in November of 1863.
                            • Boredom of picket post life
                            • Excitement of picket post life
                            • This will not be a physically demanding event, but mentally tough like all picket post events.

At last year’s event we issued out horse meat, yes real horse meat. What will we do this year? For more information please visit the website and contact one of the company commanders for an invite. We are only allowing people at this event who can live up to our expectations. We will not have any surprises when the event goes live at 9:00 p.m. on Friday, and neither should you have to worry about who else will be at the event.

Company A Brandon Jolly <brandon.jolly(at)hotmail.com>
                            Company B Brad Bodoh <brbodoh(at)gmail.com>

If you have any more questions please pm me or email me at rein5553(at)yahoo.com. If the registration fee or lack of items from the uniform guidelines is affecting your ability to attend, please let me know and we will try to work something out.

Jason Reinholz
                            Portraying Major Arthur Shaaf
                            Commander of 1st Battalion of Georgia Sharpshooters

Comment

Re: New Date for &quot;Only 200 Yards Distance&quot;

Hello all,
                              Time is ticking to get registered for "200 Yards Distance". Registration officially closes August 20th....THREE days! I have talked to multiple people who have said they plan on coming but have not registered. Now is the time to do it! We are not looking at record setting numbers here but I will guarentee you the quality of the living historians you will see at this event are near the highest quality in the country. Those who attend WILL get an authentic, immersion, first person event. Here is the list of those registered.

Company A- Commanded by Brandon Jolly
                              1. Brandon Jolly
                              2. Steven Jolly
                              3. Bob Welch
                              4. Brandon Ledvina
                              5. Randall Gibbs
                              6. Brian Baird
                              7. Alec Hartert

Company B- Commanded by Brad Bodoh
                              1. James Schumann
                              2. Dan Barker
                              3. Dan McGraw
                              4. David Bushmole
                              5. Scott Gutzke
                              6. Brad Bodoh

Staff
                              1. Jason Reinholz
                              2. Andy Ackeret

Musicians
                              1. Christian Jebb
                              2. Eric Isaacs

To register either with Brad or Brandon please send them an email at either brandon.jolly(at)hotmail.com or brbodoh(at)gmail.com for the registration forms.

Dan
                              Last edited by IowaYank; 08-17-2011, 09:34 PM.
                              Dan Chmelar
                              Semper Fi
                              -ONV
                              -WIG
                              -CIR!

Comment

Working...
                              X