Battle of Unison 150th, October 26-28th, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battle of Unison 150th, October 26-28th, 2012

We're a little over a month out from the best campaign event of the season. If you're tired of adjuncts, or events crammed onto small properties for the numbers involved, then this is the event for you. We've got miles of terrain to cover, all on original battlefield. No farbs, no vendors, no porta-poties. Just an event full of history, great pards, beautiful scenery.

You can find more info at: http://unison.mainecav.org/ or on Facebook.

The federal infantry is being headed up by Josh Mason of the CVG. Rob Hodge and friends are forming an Austrian Lorenz company. The LR are forming a company on the CS side. Register now before it's too late!

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry
    Tom Craig

Comment

We're just under a month out from this fine event, and I wanted to remind everyone that registration closes in two weeks! Registrations are coming in at a steady clip. but we still have room left for some people with the right attitude, and good kits.

For those of you who are coming, it's high time to start getting in shape. The route itself isn't the strenuous, but it is a loooong walk on hard packed dirt roads. Get out, get walking, particularly in your CW shoes. There will be no "sag wagon" so don't plan on hitching a ride if you can't keep up with the column. For federals, you will get your feet wet Saturday morning, so be sure to pack an extra pair of socks. And for all, cut back on the soda and beer, and start drinking water. Just because it will be late October doesn't mean that you won't get dehydrated if you're not drinking enough.

Don't miss you chance to march and fight across some of the most pristine battlefield left in the east!

Take care,
      Tom Craig
      1st Maine Cavalry
      Tom Craig

Comment

Just want to give this a bump. Registrations are coming in fast and furious now that the deadline looms. There is still time to get your registration and money in for what will be the best campaign event of the season!

Take care,
        Tom Craig
        1st Maine Cavalry
        Tom Craig

Comment

We're just a week out from the event, and I for one am getting pretty psyched! Directions have been posted to the FB group. If you're not on there, send me a PM, or an email at: tom.craig@ymail.com and I will get them to you.

The weather forcast so far looks awesome. Time to start hydrating, and take some time this weekend to get out and stretch your legs a bit to get warmed up for tramping across miles of beautiful and pristine original battlefield!

Take care,
          Tom Craig
          1st Maine Cavalry
          Last edited by Tom Craig; 10-21-2012, 08:04 AM. Reason: Typo
          Tom Craig

Comment

VLH had a nice warm up weekend at Belle Grove, shaking out cobwebs, integrating new riders and horses. All I can say is the Maine-iacs had best be ready!

Comment

Hello all, I have a friend flying into Dulles tomorrow from Texas at 5pm EST, well they're ride had to cancel last minute and they are stranded at the airport. Can anyone assist? Gas and time will be compensated for.

email is best...

b.martin983@yahoo.com
              Bob Martin
              Company A "Chesapeake Rifles"
              Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
              sigpic

Comment

Hey Folks,
                We're just one day away, and I know I for one am pretty stoked. If you have any last minute questions, ask away, or head on over to the Facebook page. Directions to tomorrow's camps and parking are there.

Take care,
                Tom Craig
                1st Maine Cavalry
                Tom Craig

Comment

I want to give my thanks to all those who came out to Unison to make this weekend an awesome event. We had close to 100 top notch living historians who brought the history of the battle, both military and civilian, to life, and brought attention to a little known battlefield of the Civil War. It was an honor and a privilege to organize the event, and I hope you all had as good a time as I did. Thank you!

Take care,
                  Tom Craig
                  1st Maine Cavalry
                  Tom Craig

Comment

Photo of part of VLH during defenseUnison.jpg
                    of Unison

Comment

Good looking group . Wish I could have been there this year too.
                      Jerry Ross
                      Withdraw to Fort Donelson Feb 2012

Just a sinner trying to change

Hog Driver
                      Lead ,Follow or Get out of the way !

Comment

Missed all of you guys.

Comment

I found this to be an excellent event, fully as much fun as two years ago, but with more participants and variety. My best to the organizers and all participants. AAR attached. Enjoy!
                          Attached Files
                          Michael A. Schaffner

Comment

Working...
                          X