Hairy Nation Boys as Color Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hairy Nation Boys as Color Guard

The Hairy Nation Boys will provide the color guard at Shiloh.

Arch Campbell will carry the National Colors
    Brand Jolly the Regimental
    Harrison Holloway
    Jake Wickham
    David (Hog SHit) Cravens
    Lem Ellington
    Jefferson Saylor
    Sam Cruikshank
    Hiram Bogum
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Re: Hairy Nation Boys as Color Guard

As The boys from Iowa should! Bully for the Hairy Nation Boys! Bully for Iowa!
    [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
    ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

I still haven't gotten over you fellas since ChickaDusty. I happened to be positioned in your midst in the Federal line the whole weekend. Best firper I ever saw, before or since.

On Hawkeyes!
      Bob Muehleisen
      Furious Five
      Cin, O.

Comment

As was done for the 45th Alabama's flag made for 'Before the Breakout', and literally on the anniversary of seeing that original flag in Des Moines two days before it took a 4 year trip back home to Alabama, we're meeting up with the director of the Iowa Battle Flag Project again this summer to view and document THE 15th Iowa's regimental flag that was flown AT Shiloh and delivered to the Governor of Iowa on April 20th 1862. Ironically, the flag was just taken out of storage to enter its first stages of preservation in April of this year. The same care and attention to detail will be given to the reproduction when it is unfurled next year. Can't wait to see everyone there!
        V/R
        [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

This is awesome beyond words! It seems at every step, I get more and more enthused for this event. Sadly, I lost my job in a RIF this last month, but hope springs eternal for another. In any event, I am doing everything I can to make sure I can make it to this event.
          Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
          Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
          Former Mudsill
          Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Let me see if I can kick some of those Nebraska boys back across the river into Iowa for this event.
            Aka
            Wm Green :D
            Illegitimi non carborundum
            (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
            Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

Howdy, Huck. No need to kick. I'll be with K Company for this affair. Have many plenty lads from area outfits who are talking about attending the Shiloh 150th -- now to get them to up the ante and prepare for this excursion rather than the tent city version. As the months progress, will be trying to assemble a caravan to get us to the boat landing on time ...
              Ever forward,
              Paul Hadley
              Lincoln, Neb.
              (and former six-year resident of Iowa)
              Paul Hadley

Comment

A caravan/car pool idea would help out a few......
                Aka
                Wm Green :D
                Illegitimi non carborundum
                (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
                Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

I just want to thank my pards in the Nation, as well as all the men of what promises to be a bully regiment, for the honor of carrying our National colors. I shall endeavor to defend them to the last drop of my blood.*

* As the 15th Iowa's (national) colorbearer made it through the storm at Shiloh unscathed, I won't be falling in any scenario where we'll be directly portraying the 15th. (sadly, he was killed later in the year, at Corinth.)
                  Last edited by Arch Campbell; 06-10-2011, 11:25 AM. Reason: speling
                  Arch Campbell
                  Hairy Nation
                  Loyal Union League
                  Past Master of Martin Lodge #624, GL of Iowa AF & AM

"Secessionists and Rebel Traitors desiring a fight can be accomodated[sic]on demand." -David Moore

Comment

Hope to see you at Shiloh!--I'm in Co.A---Have not see you since the Hodge March in 2000!
                    Rich Magwood in California

Comment

Originally posted by cs10thva View Post
                      Hope to see you at Shiloh!--I'm in Co.A---Have not see you since the Hodge March in 2000!
                      Rich Magwood in California
                      Rich! You're still doing this ya' ol' dog! It'll be good to see ya! Hey- Small world, but I was in the Army with someone who knows you from California- Paul McCurley and his brother. Take care!
                      V/R
                      [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Brandon,
                        I'll find you,or you can find me at Shiloh---I'll be a sgt. in Kievs's Co.A.--I'm right proud to see you are in the our 15th Iowa Color Guard,bear them bravely,and with pride!
                        Yer CA pard,
                        Rich Magwood in CA

Comment

Boys, as you all know, the color guard is now down a man.

From here on out, I'll be the point of contact for the Guard. I can be reached via PM here on the AC, or via email at archibaldscampbell@hotmail.com.
                          Arch Campbell
                          Hairy Nation
                          Loyal Union League
                          Past Master of Martin Lodge #624, GL of Iowa AF & AM

"Secessionists and Rebel Traitors desiring a fight can be accomodated[sic]on demand." -David Moore

Comment

Working...
                          X