Win a Mort Kunstler Print or Other Great Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win a Mort Kunstler Print or Other Great Prizes

I know many of us are making an increased effort in our attempts to fine tune our impressions to represent the men of the 15th Iowa on those two gruesome days in April of sixty-two. From reanalyzing the battle, to delving into the regimental history as well as the first hand accounts of the men who fought there. Even going so far as to fret over items as inconsequential as canteen straps and insignia pins. We do this not just for our selves, but for those around us. In the hopes that our own individual efforts and the labors of our friends and of all the companies combined will make an experience none of us will forget.

Brandon Jolly has taken it upon himself to push the envelope even further. He is recreating the regimental and the national flags that were carried by the 15th Iowa at Shiloh. No small undertaking in regards to time or money. It is not a responsibility that one sane individual should attempt alone. Members of the color guard have already dipped into their pockets to help fund this project, of silk, tassels, the covers, poles with eagles, the carriages and paint. In an effort to do my part I am donating a Mort Kunstler print to raffle off. It is a signed and numbered print of Night Crossing, new, unmounted and still in its original packaging. It is number 794 of 3,000. The size of the print is 14 7/8" X 28 1/2". It shows Lee and Jackson as they watch the Army of Northern Virginia crossing the Potomac returning to Virginia after the battle of Sharpsburg.

The money from the raffle will help pay for only the materials, all of the blood, sweat and tears will come free of charge from Brandon. All additional funds that are collected once the project is complete will be donated to the Iowa state historical society's Honor The Colors project.

On two occasions the Iowa Historical Society Battle Flag Curator, Sheila Hanke, has graciously allowed us, to visit the lab. This is how the documentation of the 45th Alabama's flag was obtained which was reproduced for Before the Breakout. The second occasion was this year to document the 15th Iowa's Regimental flag; the actual flag the
    Regiment carried into Shiloh.

When we visited Sheila last year, she had two people helping her in the lab. This year, she was alone. On one table laid the National Flag of the 16th Iowa, which has been so badly deteriorated Sheila had to cease work on it and wait for help from other experts. When she needs to pull one of the flags from storage to work on, she has to ask for help from what ever coworker happens to be passing by in the hallway.

With Sheila's help, we have obtained an abundant amount of documentation to reproduce the Flag of the 15th Iowa for Shiloh next year. Sheila will be coming to Tennessee to see us personally as we march beneath the flags that she helped to recreate. Wouldn't it be commendable to return the favor and give something back?

Tickets for the raffle will be seven dollars each or six for thirty-five dollars. I will accept PayPal to poague41stva@juno.com or you can mail me a money order at:

Dave Bushmole
    1272 Old Timber Lane
    Hoffman Estates, IL 60192

Tickets are on sale now and will continue until March 15th. The drawing will be on Friday March 30 prior to the event. You do not need to be present to win, you do not even need to be registered for the event to have an opportunity to win. Prizes will be available at the event or shipped to your door. Only one prize will be awarded per person. If any one has any questions or concerns PM me or I can be reached at poague41stva@juno.com.

And now for the prizes

First I just want to thank every one who has donated a prize for the raffle. All of these people have unselfishly pitched in to help make this happen.

Mort Kunstler “Night Crossing” print by Dave Bushmole. This can be picked up after the event, Sunday April 1st or shipped directly to you.

Federal sack coat by Brandon Jolly. Brandon will make a sack coat to your size. I personally can attest to the quality of his work. I will not part with the Federal sack coat I purchased from his Federal sack coat project way back in 2001. This prize must be redeemed by September 30 2012 or be forfeited. This gives you six months to place your order.

Tim Bender hat a $114 value. Tim will knock $114 off of your order. This covers the majority of his styles. You only would pay for shipping. Though if you feel you must have a bell crown top hat for $175 plus $10 for shipping the cost to you is just $71. This prize must be redeemed by September 30 2012 or be forfeited. This gives you six months to place your order.

Missouri Boot & Shoe confederate cartridge box. We all know the equality of Robert’s work and besides you can never have too many cartridge boxes. This prize can be picked up after the event Sunday April 1st or shipped directly to you.

$25 gift certificate from Wambaugh, White & Company. Can be spent as wisely or as foolishly as you wish. This prize must be redeemed by September 30 2012 or be forfeited. This gives you six months to place your order.

$25 gift certificate from L.D. Haning & Co. Twenty five bucks to spend on something you really want, you don’t really have to need it just want it! This prize must be redeemed by September 30 2012 or be forfeited. This gives you six months to place your order.

Balaclava made by Jason & Stephanie Reinholz. They’re from Wisconsin, they know all about cold. This can be delivered to you after the event or sent to your door.

Wool Scarf made by Jason & Stephanie Reinholz. Never go cold again. You can pick this item up at the event or it will be delivered to you after the event.

Keep an eye out as more prizes maybe thrown into the pot in the future. Thanks again to everyone who donated an item and especially to Brandon who is doing what he can to make this event stand out.

Dave Bushmole

Re: Win a Mort Kunstler Print or Other Great Prizes

I can't thank Dave, the Hairy Nation, and all my Pards who have pulled together to help with this project, enough. I was completely unaware these efforts were under way, and I am just blown away by the support. This project, and everything EVERYONE is doing personally and collectively for this event means the world to us out here in Iowa, and I can't wait to see the look on Sheila's face when she sees us in Tennessee. Thank you all so much!!!
    V/R
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Poague, this is outstanding. Can tickets be purchased all the way up to the time of the event? I will be getting a few tickets in the near future. Brandon, thanks for doing this. Poague, very cool.
      Robert Gobtop
      Ol Sipley Mess
      ONV
      Proud Member of the S*** A** Platoon BGR

Comment

Thanks Rob,

Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased until March 15th. They are seven dollars each or six for thirty-five dollars. I will accept PayPal to poague41stva@juno.com or you can mail me a money order at:

Dave Bushmole
        1272 Old Timber Lane
        Hoffman Estates IL 60195

The drawing will be held Friday March 30th just before the event.

Dave Bushmole

Comment

Dave,
          Do you object to me posting this to my friends on the Facing Book, or on other forums? My only reasoning was that it would offer more exposure which might equal more funds. I have a number of historically minded friends, etc. who might not mind supporting us in our efforts.

Or would you rather just keep it in the "AC Family" so to speak?
          Last edited by dixieflyer; 10-29-2011, 07:25 PM. Reason: Operator head-space and timing.
          Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
          Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
          Former Mudsill
          Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Warren,

Please do. I agree the more exposure the better. Thanks for your help. We have some top notch prizes and I am hoping that we can do some good.

thanks,
            Dave Bushmole

Comment

Gents I'll be looking down a musket barrel atcha when you come off'n them boats on the Tennessee, but I'm sure chipping in. What a great undertaking.

Rich
              Rich Libicer
              Fugi's Brown Water Mess

6th North Carolina - 150th First Manassas, July 2011
              4th Texas Dismounted, Co. C - 150th Valverde, February 2012
              6th Mississippi Adjunct - 150th Shiloh, April 2012
              4th Texas Dismounted, Co. C - 150th Glorieta Pass, May 2012
              21st Arkansas Adjunct - 150th Prairie Grove, December 2012
              5th Confederate, Co. C - 150th Chickamauga, September 2013
              Haitus...... Until Now

Comment

All,
                Once again, thank you all for the support. All materials have been sourced for the project. My good friend Bob Welch got a sneak peek of the full scale cloth sketch yesterday morning. Thanks Fellas!
                V/R
                [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Another prize has been thrown into the pot!!!!

Nick Duvall has donated a Federal canteen sling. With this you maybe fortunate enough to have the cleanest and freshest one at the event.

Thanks to everyone who has purchased tickets.

Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased until March 15th. They are seven dollars each or six for thirty-five dollars. I will accept PayPal to poague41stva@juno.com or you can mail me a money order at:

Dave Bushmole
                  1272 Old Timber Lane
                  Hoffman Estates IL 60195

The drawing will be held Friday March 30th just before the event.

Dave Bushmole

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has pitched in to help out with this project so far.
                    Tickets can be bought for seven dollars each or six for thirty-five dollars. You can PayPal me at poague41stva@juno.com or you can send me a money order at:

Dave Bushmole
                    1272 Old Timber Lane
                    Hoffman Estates IL 60195

We will hold the drawing on March 30th, the Friday of the event.

Dave Bushmole

Comment

Bumping a worthy cause up to the top. Don't wait for the last minute to get in on this.
                      Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
                      My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Bumpus Maximus.
                        Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
                        My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Still plenty of chances to win. Where else will you find the opportunity to get a Bender hat for $7?????

Dave Bushmole

Comment

Don't wait until the last minute to get in on this. There are still plenty of opportunities to win.

Dave Bushmole

Comment

A gentle bump to the top. Don't wait until the last minute.

Comment

Working...
                              X