X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huck
    replied
    Re: Baking 1800 Pieces of Hardtack

I see some good eaten in our future, and it will sit in our guts like a dead weight. Anyway I see roughly 350 crackers on that one table, give or take a dozen or two.

Leave a comment:

• sodapop63
    replied

That, gentlemen, is quite the impressive batch of hardtack! I recently made a batch of 24 pieces with my grandchildren and thought THAT was something...my forage cap is off to you all!

Leave a comment:

• Cameron
    replied

It would have taken twenty hours if Superman hadn't shown up. I had a blast and my kids did as well.

IMG_0152.jpgIMG_0148.jpgIMG_0171.jpg

Leave a comment:

• J.H.Berger
    replied

Impressing!! We are goin to fill up only one hardtack box but a great step lads!!

Leave a comment:

• CompanyWag
    replied

I remember how my mother used to complain even when I whipped up only a small batch for myself. Later on, my wife would do the same, only adding a strategic rolling of the eyes. I can only imagine the reaction had I attempted 1800 pcs of the unleavened beast. Thank you for all of your efforts...My wife thanks you too!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Woodburn
    replied

It was a good experience. Everyone helped and even Cam's and Pat's kids helped. And yes Ike, you know the kitchen. The photo showing crackers on a table was only one of three rows of tables when we were done.

Leave a comment:

• Ike Gatlin
    replied

Matt, I think I know that kitchen...brother. Since I can't see Craddock in the photos I don't believe he helped. Thanks for all your hard work.

Ike Gatlin
    Rear rank 2

Leave a comment:

• tenfed1861
    replied

I look forward to eating that tack at Shiloh.It should be good with some salt pork and coffee,followed by a nice long smoke.

Leave a comment:

• J. Donaldson
    replied

That is a very impressive sight. Thank you for the hard work.

Leave a comment:

• toptimlrd
    replied

Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• Pvt. Sanders
    replied

Matt,

Thanks for the hard work, looks like you guys had some fun in the kitchen. Good to know our hardtack will only be a couple of weeks old compared to the poor boys who ate hardtack that was 6 months plus , not to mention spoiled from exposure to the elements and contaminated with weevils. I can not wait for the boat ride!!! Take Care.

R/S

Leave a comment:

• Brian Baird
    replied

Thank you!
    Brian Baird

Leave a comment:

• Matt Woodburn
    started a topic Baking 1800 Pieces of Hardtack

Baking 1800 Pieces of Hardtack

Cracker1.jpgCracker2.jpg

Art Milbert, Kiev Thomason, Justin Runyon, Brian Hicks, Pat Craddock, Chad Gray, Cameron Stinnett and I baked hardtack for almost 15 hours last weekend.
Working...
X