Packaged Rounds for Shiloh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Packaged Rounds for Shiloh

Also there is a gent named Mike Watson who sells the proper packs for 8.75 a piece with tubes. Pm me for his number.
    [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
    ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

I order from Mike all the time..still one of the best in the biz imo...
      He will be @ shiloh w/ rounds to sell..but seeing as how wehave to turn ours in a registration, you might wanna go ahead and call him ASAP
      Aron Price
      AG

Comment

I had not seen the unissued Bannerman labels before that were posted earlier in this thread.

I haven't seen any images of original St. Louis Arsenal cartridge packs with anything other than a stamp, in lieu of a label. All the images available on the internet show dates of 1863 or later, so I can't say for sure what they were using in '62. I can only go on original examples from '63 on.

Attached are images of four original arsenal packs, and a master sheet for printing out wrappers with a simulated stamp on them. The idea was to print out your own master on a computer printer, then print copies on a xerox machine, so the ink wouldn't run if wet. Also, move the master sheet on the glass a little between each copy, to simuate the wildly irregular positions of the stamps on the originals. That's why there are no cut lines on the master, just measurements of where to cut from each end of the sheet.

You can just run off 5 of them from a computer if that's too involved. Either way you should try to get hold of some 'paper bag' colored paper.

original St. Louis arsenal packs copy.jpgSt. Louis Arsenal stamp repro.jpg
        [SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Todd S. Bemis[/SIZE][/SIZE]
        [CENTER][/CENTER][I]Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry[/I]
        Independent Volunteers
        [I]simius semper simius[/I]

Comment

Working...
        X