Bugle Calls For Shiloh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugle Calls For Shiloh

This site: civilwarbuglecalls.blogspot.com gives an overview of the bugle calls we'll be hearing over the course of three days at the event.

It gives a brief explanation of each call, and when you click on the name of each call it will give you an audio clip.

I don't think most of us can tell one call from another. I'm guessing that the main reason for this is that there are only a handful of buglers who really know what they're doing, so we don't hear the calls enough to get a handle on this complex subject that was crucial to the maneuvering of an army.

Fortunately, at this event the 15th Iowa will have two of these guys.

There will be points when we will be too large - and there will probably be times when things will be too loud - for us to hear verbal orders, and the bugle calls we will be able to hear will mostly sound like gibberish to alot of us.

This site is an attempt to remedy that. It was put together specifically with this Shiloh event in mind. It contains the key calls we will need to know on the march and in battle, as well as camp calls that will be useful.

Questions and comments shoud be directed to Marty Rubin and Chad Gray, who wil be doing the bugling.

Chad can be reached at tcgray@hotmail.com. I don't know how to contact him on the AC right now. Sorry for that. Hopefully that will be posted here shortly.

Marty is at mrrubin71@yahoo.com, or you can PM him here as The Lonely Reenactor.

Hopefully we can all spend a little time on this subject before the event.
    Last edited by Matt Woodburn; 03-26-2012, 06:27 AM.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Todd S. Bemis[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [CENTER][/CENTER][I]Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry[/I]
    Independent Volunteers
    [I]simius semper simius[/I]

Re: Bugle Calls For Shiloh

CORRECTION: That should be CHAD Gray,not Andy Gray.

Marty Rubin
    Bugler
    Independent Volunteers

Comment

Working...
    X