Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Information for men of Co. A... LISTEN UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Information for men of Co. A... LISTEN UP!

ATTENTION TO ORDERS

ALL MEN REMINDED:

First...There will be water in camp Friday,however men should bring a full canteen to the camp Friday. There will be water there but not a abundant amount and don't be wasteful. It would be well advised to come with a full canteen. Fill yours every chance you get and down it just as much.

Second..Five packs of properly made ammo will be collected per Man at registration. When they turn it in they get a boat pass and they WILL NOT get one unless they follow procedure.They will get issued ammo later in camp when needed. This is for realism and saftey. There will be NO loaded weapons on NPS property at all.This is why we want them all packaged the same,because you only have about a 1 in 500 chance of getting your exact ammo back so don't get pissed, be a team player.

Third.. We will only have two fires Friday night. Suck it up and be advised if you want a hot meal eat before you arrive. There will be so much going on this should not be a issue. Sat. there will be two fires allowed per company and MUST be kept within the fire rings provided. I will bring a hatchet, but not a shovel since we have fire rings provided.

Again, overcoats are optional, but encouraged. I don't know if I will bring mine, but it WILL be cold at night.

A boat trip will debark at 8-8:30 pm. This will be the first of three. Each one will take about five hours round trip.

Two water Buffalos will be near camp on Sat. and heads are located at the top of the hill to the left.

DANGER!!!!!!! TICKS are out due to early warm weather. Get some spray and make preperations now. Col. Woodburn said after his leader's walk of the site last weekend they were thick.

Bringing sunblock is advisable!

After the battles ALL 15th/16th men are expected to fall back in line and march back to camp as one body.

During the weekend there will be several times we may have inspections.....ALWAYS BE READY FOR ONE..HINT HINT!

There are 5 spots still available... send me a PM if interested.

STAND TALL FOR UNION AND STRENGTH- WE ARE IOWA!

That will be all-

1st Sgt Lloyd
    Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 03-28-2012, 09:18 PM.
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Re: Final Information for men of Co. A... LISTEN UP!

Sorry to intrude in your company folder, just wanted to read your updated info. The latest weather I've seen is upper fifties at night. Not sure if that would warrant toting that overcoat five miles, but just throwing it out there. See you guys there.

Mike Phineas
    Arlington, TX
    24th Missouri Infantry
    Independent Volunteer Battalion
    www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Have fun pards. Wish I was with you!
      Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

No prob. Thanks for the weather update, sir.
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
        X