Thank you, boys!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, boys!!!!

My thanks to all the boys of Company H. To a man, you are a great group and I was honored to serve as your orderly. I am humbly grateful to each of you for your efforts before and during the event. I will never forget this event and you all made it great for me.

However, you're work is not done...

We have had the honor and privilege to have experiences and gain perspectives about the Civil War soldier generally, and Shiloh in-specific. I believe that we all have a responsibility to take those experiences and share them. Whether you talk to your comrades who couldn't be there, school groups, or spectators at future events... or perhaps you simply incorporate your experience into your impression... Use what you may have learned this weekend and share it. Remember what you saw, heard, and experienced and pass it on!

Thanks, boys!!
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Re: Thank you, boys!!!!

John,

It is I who should be grateful to you. You made it a much better ride to the event, took the responsibility to come and get me at the aid station, when you had 28+ more to look after, and did a top rate job as the Orderly Sgt. The event was great, and many of the things I saw will definitely be going into my impression as a soldier and sutler. I hope to take and run with the ideas that I got from the sutler tent in our camp, and of course The Sutler of Fort Scott. I loved that set up. Thanks for making a great event, one of my events of a life time. A true live and learn experience...it was.
    Todd Morris

Proprietor, Morris & Company Historical Clothiers

http://morrisclothiers.com

Canton Lodge #60 F&AM Canton, Ohio

In Memorium: Pvt. Simon Morris, Co. G, 78th OVI Died: April 14, 1863 Jefferson Barracks, Missouri
    Joseph Rezin Thompson, 1st W.Va. Light Artillery
    Azville W. Lindsey, Co. G, 12th W.Va. Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Working...
    X