Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In addition to Matt Woodburn's Iowa Battle Flag donation

All,
    On behalf of myself and Dave Bushmole, the Color Guard and Company C in particular (most of us from Iowa), the $1,709.39 raised in the raffle and t-shirt sales is being added to the donation collected at Shiloh and is being made in Matt's name.

The regimental flag that accompanied us at Shiloh is being considered for display this year along side the original 15th Iowa Regimental flown at the original Shiloh and in the event that this happens, Matt, your name will be cited in the display at the Des Moines State Historical Society.

Matt, I knew you put a lot of work in to Shiloh but never knew just how much. My heart filled thanks go out to you, and everyone who had a hand in making this event happen. I am still choking up about moments we experienced and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since we left. Those Iowa boys had to have been loking over us with pride. Perhaps that why we were spared the nasty weather.

To the Colors men of Iowa!
    V/R
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: In addition to Matt Woodburn's Iowa Battle Flag donation

Depending on how the transfer of the funding and flag goes, if it's a deal where folks go to Des Moines, is it possible that interested participants could be on-hand to watch it? May be a very nice closure for The Grand Adventure.

Alexander Vasquez
    Late of Co C, 15 IA

Comment

Re: In addition to Matt Woodburn's Iowa Battle Flag donation

Alex, it's a possibility but I would have to speak with Sheila at the Historical Society. I know she's finishing up the display now so we'd have to see.
      V/R
      [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
      X