Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11th Pa Reserves Pimpin' Hypin' Raisin' Maryland My Maryland, Sept 5-7 2012, Potomac Legion Adjunct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11th Pa Reserves Pimpin' Hypin' Raisin' Maryland My Maryland, Sept 5-7 2012, Potomac Legion Adjunct

11th Pa Reserves Pimpin' Hypin' Raisin' Maryland My Maryland, Sept 7-9 2012, Potomac Legion Adjunct

I done went and volunteered to run Company G, 11th Pa Reserves. "G" for gimp, "G" for Grumpy. Fitting, right?

So, if you'd like to attend the event, sign up for my company. We'll act stupid, burp, fart and make wise cracks, all the while trying hard not to ruin someone’s moment or movement. I promise not to have you stand at shoulder arms until your hand falls off, or line you up facing the sun. We're all adults so, I won't be telling you to drink water every 15 minutes. If you know someone new who'd like to try this campaigner thing out for the first time, I promise not to make him or her look like a fool, send them my way.

No, you don’t' have to cross the big scary mountains if you don't want to and you don't have to cross that big muddy river if you don't feel like it either and, I won't berate you for not coming East for events. But, having been part of the PL event communication for the 11th Reserves for a while and knowing Billy Birney the TV star is busting his hump to pull this thing off, added to the fact, the 11th Reserves (who we'll be portraying) will actually be doing a thing or two I've never seen done, this should be fun. Kids, historical record shows some civilian took a whole company to his house and made them pancakes for breakfast. So, here's how it goes if you'd like to register.

First, you go here and register:

For your unit group you put "Potomac Legion"
    It's nice, they do paypal.
    This tells Mr. Anders and his folks, you’re coming and falling in with the 11th Reserves.

Then you go here:

You can either do everything on line, and pay by paypal or print out a copy and do snail mail.
    This part of registration is for two different things. First, for your rations. 2nd, so you can pick what company you want to be in. Pick "G."

All of the history of the 11th Reserves is there too.
    Uniform standards are here.
    As of now, we’re looking at 60 rounds, properly packed, historically speaking. To start with.

So, sign up, we'll try to do things right and have some fun while we're at it.

Oh, and, nobody will die.

Questions? Grumpydave58@comcast.net and, I have a phone and I know how to use it
    Last edited by GrumpyDave; 06-06-2012, 08:53 AM.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
    Past President Potomac Legion
    Long time member Columbia Rifles
    Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Re: 11th Pa Reserves Pimpin' Hypin' Raisin' Maryland My Maryland, Sept 5-7 2012, Potomac Legion Adjunct

Hey, GrumpyDave, make sure you have that down as Sept. 7-9 on your calendar!
    Carlton Mansfield
    26th North Carolina Troops

Comment

Re: 11th Pa Reserves Pimpin' Hypin' Raisin' Maryland My Maryland, Sept 5-7 2012, Potomac Legion Adjunct

"Federal Registration will remain open till Aug 1st, or we hit the 4,000 limit, which I think will come first!". This is from Anders. Get registered!! Don't delay!!
      Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
      Civil War Digital Digest
      Sally Port Mess

Comment

Gents, we are still looking for good men to come join us at this event. This will be a great adjunct with tremendous effort on the part of the organizers to make an outstanding event. I truly urge you to not miss it. I am raising company D for the event, and we are still looking for some good men to join us. We have a good group together, and I know we will get as authentic an experience as possible at a larger event, because of the kind of event Anders puts on. Anyone who has been at At High Tide or Return to Manassas knows how good our adjuncts look there, and here is a chance to be part of this one. Come on out and join us. Contact me if you are interested at ajroscoe@umich.edu and look in here on registration info: http://sallyportmess.itgo.com/11thpareserves.htm . Come on out and join us!
        Andrew Roscoe,
        The Western Rifles - An Authentic Civil War mess in PA, MD, VA, NC, and SC
        24th Michigan Volunteer Infantry
        Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

Just a bump. And again, the correct dates are the 7th to the 9th.

Comment

Confederate registration closed on June 18th. Federal registration will close August 1, or at 4,000 participants, whichever comes first.

Pick me! Pick Me!

Comment

Corn fed registration is all closed up. I'm still looking for 10-12 more. Come on. Just buck up and register.

Comment

We're on the short end of registration, only 5 days left until the cut off.

Comment

today is the last day to register

Comment

Any suggestions for the best stuff to look at for the 1862 impression?
                    Jeffrey Scott Rodriguez
                    7th NJ Infantry[FONT="Georgia"][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                    X