Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to Arms! Time to get registered!

Gents,

The 150th Perryville event will be here before we know it. With that said, we really need guys to step up and get registered for this effort. We have great plans for the 24th Illinois battalion for the event. We have a regimental sutler, preservation march/tactical, Wendall Decker, and well-planned battle scenarios. Please don't delay getting registered asap at http://24thillinoisperryville150th.webs.com/

Thanks,
    Jim Butler
    Jim Butler

Re: Call to Arms! Time to get registered!

I know that the Vicksburg thing is also in October which may be conflicting for folks. I will guarantee you a better experience in this adjunct event than if you go there. Guaranteed! Need I say it again? Guaranteed!
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

Indeed! And if you are in need of items for your impression, NOW is the time to order them, etc. and not in September!
      Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
      Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
      Former Mudsill
      Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

The Perryville battlefield is awesome and beautiful. October is usually a great time of year. If any of you remember the fight and flight thru the cornfield several years ago, you know how much fun this event can be.

Regards,
        Jim Butler
        Jim Butler

Comment

Been there, slept under the bridge, ready to do it again! Must get my registration in.
          Dean Burchfield
          [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]WIG [I]The Old Guard[/I][/FONT][/B]
          Cleburnes
          Hard Case Boys
          Green Bottle Mess

[I][U]PM Joseph Warren #71 F & AM [/U][/I]

Un soldat sera long et dur combat pour un peu de ruban de couleur.
          Napoléon Bonaparte
          A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Comment

I hear they are shooting a movie there.

Jim Butler
            Jim Butler

Comment

Gentlemen,
              Put your hat in the ring and register with the 24th ILL infantry. Every dime you spend at Perryville will be used for the park at the park. None of your money will be used to supply porta potties etc. You cannot ask for a more historic venue or a better reenactment this fall. Do not miss the chance to participate in the tactical and preservation march. Civil War soldiers have not been on the land that will be used for those since 1862.
              This is going to be an excellent event and you can help make a difference in the park's preservation by attending the event.
              Bully for Jim - he is an excellent pard of the battlefield so please fall in and support his efforts.
              Thanks,
              Chad Greene
              Chad Greene

Comment

Working...
              X