This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150th Prairie Grove, AR

Any authentics interested in going to the 150th Prairie Grove, AR, the first weekend in December? It's held on the actual battlefield, which is now an AR State Park. From past experience, most all who go there go to cut loose and ignore authenticity standards for the sake of farbing out and drinking. But, how about a serious effort to do a proper authentic impression? I've always liked the idea of doing a Federal infantry impression of Blunt's Federals, camping at the Rhea's Mill location, and marching cross country to the battlefield location, just as Blunt's men did. It's close enough to the event site to make it a realistic option, but far enough away from the farbs to have our own immersion event. That, or go Confederate and ignore the farbs around us and do it right. Oh, and it's always a freeze-out during the night at this event too, if you've never been.
    Nic Clark
    2017 - 24 years in the hobby
    Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Re: 150th Prairie Grove, AR

I've been. Prairie Grove was where I received my first instruction on drill. I'm not sure if I will be able to go this year... but it would be really cool if some people with good impressions showed up.
    Nathan Dodds

Comment

Prairie Grove can always use Federals from my experience.
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Well, we aren't going campaign, we will actually camp with the Federals, but we are working with Steve Dunfee, Cal Kinzer and several of us are trying to get a company together that will be an authentic impression with the 24th MO Inf. Even trying to get Robert Serio to come fall in for this one if he isn't busy making stuff for the rest of you. Also, the Holmes Brigade should be there and they do a good job as well, several of them are active here on AC. We are trying to encourage many of the Army of the Pacific guys who want to come east to 150 events to fall in with us as well. We had several at Shiloh and some are falling in with us again at Raymond/Vicksburg. If there is no campaigner company that results from this post, and you want a company to fall in with, we are trying to be a home for folks who are looking to do things right in this area.
        Frank Siltman
        24th Mo Vol Inf
        Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
        Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
        Company of Military Historians
        Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Frank,
          Count at least myself in your company for Prairie Grove. I plan on taking a day off and driving down. I'm hoping to bring a couple of guys with me.
          Tim Ruyle

Comment

Tim,
            We will be glad to have you with us again, I'll let Cal know.
            Frank Siltman
            24th Mo Vol Inf
            Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
            Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
            Company of Military Historians
            Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Folks, while this thread is of interest to some, including myself, it is a mainstream event and not an adjunct event or an EBUFU event and has the potential for being a lot of 'me too' and 'I'll be there' posts. If anyone is interested contact Nic and let him know or start a thread on another forum or a FB page to get the word out. For now, I'm going to close this one.
              Michael Comer
              one of the moderator guys

Comment

Working...
              X